Niagara Falls
Tuesday, September 1st
10:30am – Returning Players Skate
1:00-2:30pm – Team Black Practice
Team White Off-Ice Workout
2:30-4:00pm – Team White Practice
Team Black Off-Ice Workout
4:00-5:00pm – Returning Players Skate
7pm-9pm- Rookie Game (all non-returning players)

Wednesday, September 2nd
9:30am-11am – Team White vs Team Black
11am-12pm – Returning Players Skate
1:30pm-3pm- Team White vs Team Black
3pm-4pm- Returning Players Skate

Thursday, September 3rd
~All players, rookie and returning join at this point~
9:00am-11am – Team Black Practice
11am-1pm - Team White Practice
-CUTS WILL BE MADE FOLLOWING MORNING PRACTICES-
7-9:30pm – Black vs White Inter-Squad Game
- CUTS WILL BE MADE FOLLOWING THE 'BLACK vs WHITE' GAME -

Friday, September 4th
10:00am-11:30am – PRACTICE
2:00pm-3:30pm – PRACTICE

ROOKIE ROSTERS...

Team White: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNk15xdWoAAdHVO.png:large

Team Black: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNk11FFWsAAcfh6.png:large

icepups

Jul 11, 2014

Macker88

Jul 15, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
No problem, glad you enjoyed it. Looks like the prediction of a breakout year by Paquette was a pretty good one. I'm a big fan of his personally, really enjoyed his play with the Kingston Jr. Frontenacs in his draft year, and would not be surprised if he shatters his offensive output from last season with the Dogs.

JSavoire

May 28, 2011
Since most people would agree that the Ice Dogs are clearly a favourite to be among the top teams in the League my question to Dogs followers is what area(s) do you think would be needed to push the team 'over the top'? I know IMO it could be said adding another Goal Scorer is always a possibility.

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
Since most people would agree that the Ice Dogs are clearly a favourite to be among the top teams in the League my question to Dogs followers is what area(s) do you think would be needed to push the team 'over the top'? I know IMO it could be said adding another Goal Scorer is always a possibility.

The Dogs need a top line centre to replace Verhaghe. They could use a big, strong scoring winger. They also need some toughness. I've read that they've picked up Pastorious from Barrie. He can fill a tough guy role on the 4th line.

Goaltending is a question that still needs to be answered. Moran needs to make us believers.

JSavoire

May 28, 2011
The Dogs need a top line centre to replace Verhaghe. They could use a big, strong scoring winger. They also need some toughness. I've read that they've picked up Pastorious from Barrie. He can fill a tough guy role on the 4th line.

Goaltending is a question that still needs to be answered. Moran needs to make us believers.

What happens with Aagard and Fitzmorris? Neither are big time (or medium quality) goal scorers and both occupy OA spots.

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
What happens with Aagard and Fitzmorris? Neither are big time (or medium quality) goal scorers and both occupy OA spots.

They still have to decide... 2 players and only 1 spot. I don't think I'd be using an OA spot on either.

Fitzmorris is a well liked, team first energy guy than is a great penalty killer and shot blocking machine. But has cinder blocks for hands when it comes to scoring. I'm not sure they can't find a younger version of him.

Aagaard takes up two cards, an OA and an Import. If he were the type to bury 40 goals, It would make sense. But, he's a 3rd line player at best. It doesn't make sense to use both cards on a bottom 6 player.

IMO, they should let them both go and add an impact OA and an impact import.

But, I guess that's why I buy tickets instead of being in the GM's room.

JSavoire

May 28, 2011
They still have to decide... 2 players and only 1 spot. I don't think I'd be using an OA spot on either.

Fitzmorris is a well liked, team first energy guy than is a great penalty killer and shot blocking machine. But has cinder blocks for hands when it comes to scoring. I'm not sure they can't find a younger version of him.

Aagaard takes up two cards, an OA and an Import. If he were the type to bury 40 goals, It would make sense. But, he's a 3rd line player at best. It doesn't make sense to use both cards on a bottom 6 player.

IMO, they should let them both go and add an impact OA and an impact import.

But, I guess that's why I buy tickets instead of being in the GM's room.

Lol! Well put! Those were my sentiments exactly, particularly in a Mem Cup Potential year.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara

Loved the offensive output from Vince last year but I would like to see more battles won on the boards at the offensive blue line subsequently less breakaways of his side. Defensively the whole team needs to be more consistent. Should be a strong season regardless.

Harky121*

With some tweaks and key guys returning I'd say you are 100% correct this will be a Championship capable team. My 1st pick for Eastern Conf. Champs as of now.

Colts and Dogs- East final
Knights and Otters- West final

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
You better head out early tonight, downtown Beamsville rush-hour traffic is brutal I hear. LOL.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Perlini impressing once again at Coyotes camp. I'm thinking a nine-game stint could happen. If he plays well, then he might even stay for until WJC and then complete the year with Niagara. The good thing though is he completed the King's rookie series with no broken hands. :)

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
It was reported Hosang was late to Isles camp Day 1 so he was immediately sent back to junior. I assume he will be on starting roster Day 1.

noobie1

Oct 30, 2014
It was reported Hosang was late to Isles camp Day 1 so he was immediately sent back to junior. I assume he will be on starting roster Day 1.

I would like to see that walk of shame... explain that to your team mates and coaches. And try to convince people that Hockey Canada and everyone has it out for you and it is not his personal actions that have put him in the place he is...
For his sake i hope this is a wake up call that he answers and gets his stuff together.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I would like to see that walk of shame... explain that to your team mates and coaches. And try to convince people that Hockey Canada and everyone has it out for you and it is not his personal actions that have put him in the place he is...
For his sake i hope this is a wake up call that he answers and gets his stuff together.

and the real kicker is that JHS was suppose to start camp on Taveres's line.

Now lets see if this is the wake-up call or if he pouts through this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad