NHL19 Overall Ratings Predictions

bruins2012

Aug 26, 2018
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Quick question....I recently reloaded NHL 16 on ps4 (been a while since I bought a hockey). Why is it, that when I trade players, for this let’s say PK for Weber, why does it still say Pro Team - Montreal/Nashville after they have been traded. PK will be in Nashville but it still says Montreal in Edit Player; Pro Team....

Same thing with everyone. Trade Hall to NJ and it still says Pro Team Edmonton.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Quick question....I recently reloaded NHL 16 on ps4 (been a while since I bought a hockey). Why is it, that when I trade players, for this let’s say PK for Weber, why does it still say Pro Team - Montreal/Nashville after they have been traded. PK will be in Nashville but it still says Montreal in Edit Player; Pro Team....

Same thing with everyone. Trade Hall to NJ and it still says Pro Team Edmonton.
That was the team they got drafted by. So in the next catagory it will be the players draft year.

bruins2012

Aug 26, 2018
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
That was the team they got drafted by. So in the next catagory it will be the players draft year.

Thanks.

So it has nothing to do with the contract? Like after I trade Hall for Larsson, Hall’s contract will be with NJ, right?

Just don’t understand why it doesn’t change when the players change teams.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Thanks.

So it has nothing to do with the contract? Like after I trade Hall for Larsson, Hall’s contract will be with NJ, right?

Just don’t understand why it doesn’t change when the players change teams.
Yes. It doesn't change because that was who the player was drafted by. If Ovechkin is traded in the game, he is still drafted by the Caps in 2004. Its more of an information thing.

Reactions: bruins2012

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Why? He played behind the worst D. His talent at 30 years of age for a goalie is still extremely high. One season I guess makes or breaks a player according to some eh.
Because he had dreadful stats and it’s a video game? So yeah, from a video game perspective it damn well should make or break a player.

Look at the justification for half the players, after getting X points or Y trophy or leading Z team to etc and they’ve all had a bump in stats. What will if say for CP? After sucking some bad dick this last season, safe to say CP warrants a 90+ OVR.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
I get that but there should be some players worthy of a 95-96.

Another problem would be that you would have to force someone like McDavid to have say 92 strength, 90 body checking and 92 in slap shot power just to make him 96

They would have to revamp the attributes system first

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
a rating over 95 would be bad for Franchise/Be A Pro because the sport is always growing and if todays players are maxed out it means players won't be getting any better
I agree with this. Another reason is that it just makes players attributes be too inflated.For example I’m making Mcdavid a 94-95 this year. I had him at a 96-97 last year and I had to max out attributes that he simply doesn’t have to get him there like 90+ shooting and Stick checking above 93.

Both of which are unrealistic if you actually watch him. At best his shot is accurate, but it is not elite especially when it comes to velocity. So this year I’m making him at a 94 or 95 , but I will max out his skating with 99s across the board. Unless he goes off this year and wins the Art Ross by 20+points or something crazy like that then he might get a boost lol

Last edited:

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
I agree with this. Another reason is that it just makes players attributes be too inflated.For example I’m making Mcdavid a 94-95 this year. I had him at a 96-97 last year and I had to max out attributes that he simply doesn’t have to get him there like 90+ shooting and Stick checking above 93.

Both of which are unrealistic if you actually watch him. At best his shot is accurate, but it is not elite especially when it comes to velocity. So this year I’m making him at a 94 or 95 , but I will max out his skating with 99s across the board. Unless he goes off this year and wins the Art Ross by 20+points or something crazy like that then he might get a boost lol

Yea I made McDavid a 94OVR in NHL 18 yesterday to see what the attributes could look like; I definitely had to give him some unwarranted boosts here and there.

I'll be making him 94 overall for my NHL 19 GM Mode and I'll be decreasing the amount of 90+OVR players just to be able to create some disparity rather than having to give someone like Patrick Kane 90+ in Defensive Awareness.

That's what I've done in NHL 18 and it's forced me to actually be strategic with my matchups and use certain players in certain ways

Reactions: grentthealien

bruins2012

Aug 26, 2018
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Yea I made McDavid a 94OVR in NHL 18 yesterday to see what the attributes could look like; I definitely had to give him some unwarranted boosts here and there.

I'll be making him 94 overall for my NHL 19 GM Mode and I'll be decreasing the amount of 90+OVR players just to be able to create some disparity rather than having to give someone like Patrick Kane 90+ in Defensive Awareness.

That's what I've done in NHL 18 and it's forced me to actually be strategic with my matchups and use certain players in certain ways

I feel like that and by dropping quite a few guys in the 80s into the 70s. Way too many are in the low 80s to high 70.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad