OT: NHL14 and/or General Video Gaming Thread Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I usually end up with both systems, but I'm a Playstation guy first. I usually grab the xbox when it is on sale or something. I only got the 360 because it came free with a laptop I bought on Amazon. They're both fun and have positives and negatives.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
i have a ps4 and a vita

i was 100% set to get a bone since i had an xbox and a 360, but then e3 happened this past year and i want nothing to do with microsoft anymore

couldnt be happier, the ps4 is outstanding in pretty much all aspects and the vita remote play feature works flawlessly (and ps+ showers you in highly rated free games for ps3, vita, and ps4)

get a ps4

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Yeah I was leaning that way, it's just feels weird switching after so long, I was like you with the previous consoles. I'm not likely to get both. I don't need the whole media blitzkrieg xbox is trying to be. I've got my Apple TV talking to my ipad and laptop for all that. I just want it to play games and blurays well. Is the online gaming as good in sony's world? Xbox always seemed to have the edge with that.

Mr Whipple

Charmin Soft
Nov 9, 2008
Greenville, NC
I'm in the exact same boat, bleed. Xbox and 360, never a PS. Was all on board with the One until the e3 happened, as well.

Lots of talk going around that the PS4 is killing the One right now sales-wise, between the lower price and being a much more powerful build, better game graphics, etc. Hearing a lot about how Microsoft either needs to come out with a beefed up One or drop the price big time later this year to even have a chance to compete.

Personally I'm holding off awhile to see what happens. Enjoying a lot of 360 games selling for less and less. Though I'm definitely leaning PS4 at this point when I do take the plunge. Will take Microsoft really pulling a rabbit out of their hat for me.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
i had a ps1 and ps2 before i got the original xbox (aka the xbox 1) ((daily reminder they named the third xbox the xbox one))

kind of nice going back, honestly. i kind of missed the unique exclusives that xbox never got. xbox is all halo, gears, forza, cod.

they cant just release a beefed up bone, that would completely alienate everyone who wasted their money on the current iteration. the thing is already harder to program for, if they had to release two versions of the game for xbone (one barely above 360 level and then one "beefed up" version) they would lose most third party support

they have put themselves in a horrid situation with how off guard sony caught them with the ps4 announcement, and they are just floundering at this point.

i mean, they already announced a price drop in the uk and are giving titanfall away FOR FREE to everyone who is buying the thing now

the sales figures are approaching 2:1 in favor of the ps4. i just dont understand how they could screw up the 360's successor so much.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
PS4 and 3 here.

I have been playing the crap out of Black Flag recently.

eta:

If you go back through my gaming history. Started life with an Atari 2600, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega, PS1, PS2, XBox, PS3, PS4

Born in 1980.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I think I mentioned this before around e3, but count me as one of the xbox people who plans to switch to the ps4. Not sure when I'll be getting the console just yet, probably when I can no longer play the new NHL or get bored sometime over the summer. I don't play games nearly as much as I use to, so my gaming pretty much consists of NHL, FIFA, NCAA, and some MLB, so I haven't been too motivated to get a new console just yet. I am looking forward to MLB the show, will be a big step up from the awful, and now discontinued, 2k series.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
What killed the XboxOne for me is the lack of backwards compatibility. I've got so many 360 games, it seems wasteful to buy a new system where they can't be used.

In non-Xbox/PS news, Nintendo is shutting down the servers that provide the Internet connections for the DS and the Wii. Talk about killing your fanbase. The 3DS is selling well, but the WillU is a complete disaster. Most people just kept the Wii instead. This is a slap in the face to their consumers.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
My gaming life:

Bethesda Games (Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout, plus all DLC): 60%.
FIFA, NHL: 20%.
Minecraft: 20%.

All XBox.

--hank

Mr Whipple

Charmin Soft
Nov 9, 2008
Greenville, NC
Yeah, no matter what they do at this point Microsoft is going to piss off a lot of people. Or at least more than they already have.

The backwards compatibility is part of what is keeping me from upgrading now, too. The so-called compatibility of the old Xbox games to the 360 stunk anyways. Tried it with a few of my old games after I got the 360 and the video was so grainy and they didn't work right so was pretty much unplayable.

Last time I waited a couple of years until the 360 had a decent selection of games out and they pretty much stopped making the original Xbox games before I upgraded. Will probably do the same this time. Just switch to PS4.

Bought Skyrim not long ago so that and other games I catch up with will keep me busy enough in the meantime.

AntonFromAppState

Hurricaniac
Jan 18, 2007
North Carolina
I'm a pretty big gamer so I have almost all the stuff
PS4
PS3
Vita
3ds
Steam with a lot of games http://mysteamgauge.com/account?username=hispanhick (I'm a sucker for steam sales and humble bundles)

The ps4 is quite awesome, I just beat Killzone Shadow Fall which was a good game to show off what the PS4 can do. Mostly I just play FIFA14, NBA2k14, but I also have BF4. Although what usually happens is that I wind up just playing NHL XX and playing people online. I usually have a very good track record online, right now its 41-13-3 and I only use the Hurricanes against plenty of people who use the Pens, Wings, and Hawks.

DaleCooper

NEVER 4GET
Aug 2, 2005
Brooklyn
www.jonathanhawkins.net
Won the Division 3 title last night. Username is Dale Cooper 91 on Xbox 360 if anyone wants to add me. HUT team is Bosspug Jrs.

The only other games I've been playing lately on Xbox are FIFA (mainly FUT) and Skyrim. I've been playing the new SimCity a bit on PC.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Currently just have a 360, I've been all over the gamut of gaming though and am still undecided on the next generation as to which direction I'll go. I'm not on much for the sports gaming anymore (only NCAA and FIFA now) as I used to be so that's killed most of my online gameplay.

But in terms of the consoles I've had:
Intellivision (sold)
NES (sold - stupid move)
Game Boy
Genesis (still have somewhere I think)
XBox
XBox 360

I basically sat out the PS1/Sega Saturn/N64 generation of consoles mostly as a PC gamer in the first part of the generation and a broke ass college student in the last part. It wasn't until the next generation that consoles became the better outlet anyway IMO, and I still didn't get back into that game until late in the 4th generation when I got out of college.

Lucky Lindy

Jun 24, 2012
Stockholm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad