NHL NHL will resume play on Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The boyfriend without knowing who it was ("So I just let off one shot," he said. "I still can't see who it is or anything.") shoots his gun and severs the femoral artery of one of the officers.. Guess he figured it might have been the drug dealer or whatever...
How about the cops actually announce who they are and not shoot 10 bullets into the apartment through the patio door.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Maybe the cops should have identified themselves because witnesses corroborate the boyfriend’s assertions.

The cop that murdered her was fired in part because he put 10 rounds into the apartment without identifying himself. I’d say the boyfriend was more than justified to use his firearm which he was permitted to carry and own.
I overlooked this comment. Are you suggesting that as a licensed carrier, I have the right to fire blindly through my front door if someone comes knocking at night?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I overlooked this comment. Are you suggesting that as a licensed carrier, I have the right to fire blindly through my front door if someone comes knocking at night?
If someone barges into your home unannounced you sure the hell have the right to fire

He fired once the door had been kicked in

It really is coming across that you blame Breonna Taylor for being murdered

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
If they barged into the home, why would they need to shoot through the door?
I’m pretty sure the poster misspoke because I’ve been clear that the cops knocked down the door and that is when her boyfriend fired off a shot in self defense.

I have no clue why the cop who murdered her decided to shoot through the patio door

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
2 points I’d like to make.

She wasn’t the “main subject” but she was part of the investigation as she allegedly aided the dealers. She registered their cars in her name. Glover & Walkers cell phones were both in her name. She played a pivotal role. And the detectives DID have a warrant to search her apartment as they suspected she was receiving drug packages for both Glover and Taylor at her home. It’s irrelevant that Glover was arrested across town and hour before the incident at her apartment.

Thanks for the link. Doesn’t do much to help me form an opinion. Her neighbors allege police knocked but didn’t announce themselves. Police say they did. They’re her neighbors, they have reason to lie. Just as the police do. Taylor’s family wasn’t there so they don’t know what happened

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
If someone barges into your home unannounced you sure the hell have the right to fire

He fired once the door had been kicked in

It really is coming across that you blame Breonna Taylor for being murdered
What I’ve read is Walker fired THROUGH the closed door. That’s when police returned fire, then knocked the door in. I could be wrong. It’s what I read in report.

I don’t have an opinion on who’s to blame. I lean towards blaming Walker. You don’t fire blindly through a door without knowing who’s there. If he felt he was being robbed, there were smarter tactics at play for him.

And despite my feelings that Ms Taylor made very poor decisions in her life, I certainly don’t think she deserved to die or is at fault for her own death. Questionable life choices often lead to unfortunate circumstances. “Play with fire long enough there’s a chance you’ll be burned”.
She was an EMT. Had a long life ahead of her. It’s unfortunate she was entangled in the dope game. Dangerous lifestyle. I’ve lost some friends to it

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
have you any knowledge whatsoever what was happening in “chaz”? Or are you just peddling nonsense to further your point?

you do realize there’s a literal black militia walking around fully armed right now, correct? You know, the ones stopping vehicles and forcing people to say black lives matter?

we can ignore that since it doesn’t fit the narrative, though.

First off, show me some reputable news agencies that are reporting this. All I've seen are really fringe sites making this claim. Secondly, there's a big difference between making someone say BLM and strapping an AR15 on your back and shooting 3 people, killing two, no? Are we really at the point of drawing this false of an equivalency and pretending those two things are even in the same f***ing universe? But again, show me some stories about this stuff. I assume you mean the NFAC group, but I'll wait for you.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Should they not fire back after being shot at?
Maybe if they had announced themselves they wouldn’t have been shot.

What happened to Breonna Taylor should have never happened and the people blaming her or her boyfriend for her death are gross.

Victim blaming is a huge part of the problem in this country.

Reactions: Ladyfan

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
How about the cops actually announce who they are and not shoot 10 bullets into the apartment through the patio door.

Well they did from what the officer shot said, the boyfriend didn't hear him he said. . Thankfully the one officer was fired, can't be playing Rambo. Breonna Taylor by all accounts did a lot for people...such a senseless tragedy.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
What I’ve read is Walker fired THROUGH the closed door. That’s when police returned fire, then knocked the door in. I could be wrong. It’s what I read in report.

I don’t have an opinion on who’s to blame. I lean towards blaming Walker. You don’t fire blindly through a door without knowing who’s there. If he felt he was being robbed, there were smarter tactics at play for him.

And despite my feelings that Ms Taylor made very poor decisions wit’s her life, I certainly don’t think she deserved to die or is at fault for her own death.
Maybe read other articles about what happened and don’t just take the cops word for it.

The cops are victim blaming to save face. Why the hell else would one of the investigating officers leak these documents and recordings?

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Save By Thomas

Jive Turkey
Nov 12, 2011
The armpit of California
First off, show me some reputable news agencies that are reporting this. All I've seen are really fringe sites making this claim. Secondly, there's a big difference between making someone say BLM and strapping an AR15 on your back and shooting 3 people, killing two, no? Are we really at the point of drawing this false of an equivalency and pretending those two things are even in the same f***ing universe? But again, show me some stories about this stuff. I assume you mean the NFAC group, but I'll wait for you.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
They have vacated the felony warrants against Jacob Blake and taken the shackles off of his ankles and removed the police officer who was assigned to watch him at the hospital per his lawyer

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Maybe read other articles about what happened and don’t just take the cops word for it.

The cops are victim blaming to save face. Why the hell else would one of the investigating officers leak these documents and recordings?
Maybe I’ll research some more. Difficult these days to find unbiased news sources.

Once upon a time witnesses said Michael Brown was shot in the back whilst walking away from a police cruiser and his arms raised in the air. “Hands up don’t shoot” was the theme back then. Riots followed. Turns out, once interviewed, most of the “hands up” witnesses admitted to lying. Both criminals and police lie. In this instance, you assume the police are lying. You believe the neighbors. I haven’t reached that conclusion yet. I’ll continue to research. Thanks for the links. Go Bruins

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I’m pretty sure the poster misspoke because I’ve been clear that the cops knocked down the door and that is when her boyfriend fired off a shot in self defense.

I have no clue why the cop who murdered her decided to shoot through the patio door

If they were already in the house, wouldn't it be obvious to the shooter that they were cops? Something doesn't sound right.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

What happened to Breonna Taylor should have never happened and the people blaming her or her boyfriend for her death are gross.

This is where we disagree. Her boyfriend had a long rap sheet, was a drug dealer, fired a weapon blindly through a door directly putting Ms Taylor in harms way. If anyone is to blame, evidence is leaning heavily towards Walker.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
If they were already in the house, wouldn't it be obvious to the shooter that they were cops? Something doesn't sound right.
They didn’t announce themselves and busted down the door and that is when her boyfriend shot at who he thought was breaking in.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston

I don’t know if they announced themselves or not and I haven’t blamed them.

I also don’t think this is a case of racism or just shooting someone because of the color of their skin. I think it’s a case of a lousy policy and a situation that went bad. Seems no knock warrants should be for extreme situations only..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad