NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Ted

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
What's the deal with the crap quality broadcast on my PS4, and no I don't mean sportsnet. I can stream through my PC or tablet it's like 1080p and sometimes on my PS4 I get good quality but majority of the time it's terrible. I looked at the options in the NHL app on PS4 and stream quality options don't exist. I have good internet too so that shouldn't be the problem.

Can someone who streams through PS4 please give me some feedback on this?

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
I have a big complaint about NHL.TV. I watch games via Xbox one and since I am living in Europe, I often watch games on "tape delay". Even if "hide scores" is turned on, the steam shows the length of the stream in the bottom right corner. Since they don't cut commercial brakes and brakes between periods anymore, I have to fast-forward through those breaks. Every time I do, the stream-length pops up again. Takes a lot of effort to avoid looking at the stream-lenght and sometimes inadvertently, I take a glimpse. Since I don't wanna put scotch-tape on my tv to hide the stream-lenght, I have

Knowing the stream-length of a PO-game is a HUGE spoiler, as u know immediately, if the game ended in regulation or if it went to (multiple) OTs. I contacted the NHL.TV service twice with no results. Wanna give it another try before the POs.

Is anyone else bothered by that?

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I have a big complaint about NHL.TV. I watch games via Xbox one and since I am living in Europe, I often watch games on "tape delay". Even if "hide scores" is turned on, the steam shows the length of the stream in the bottom right corner. Since they don't cut commercial brakes and brakes between periods anymore, I have to fast-forward through those breaks. Every time I do, the stream-length pops up again. Takes a lot of effort to avoid looking at the stream-lenght and sometimes inadvertently, I take a glimpse. Since I don't wanna put scotch-tape on my tv to hide the stream-lenght, I have

Knowing the stream-length of a PO-game is a HUGE spoiler, as u know immediately, if the game ended in regulation or if it went to (multiple) OTs. I contacted the NHL.TV service twice with no results. Wanna give it another try before the POs.

Is anyone else bothered by that?

Yes, but it's been a problem since forever I believe. Fortunately I watch most games live, but I do agree with you they should fix it.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
What's the deal with the crap quality broadcast on my PS4, and no I don't mean sportsnet. I can stream through my PC or tablet it's like 1080p and sometimes on my PS4 I get good quality but majority of the time it's terrible. I looked at the options in the NHL app on PS4 and stream quality options don't exist. I have good internet too so that shouldn't be the problem.

Can someone who streams through PS4 please give me some feedback on this?
same here. its always eh. on PC its perfect

CcTitan84

Mar 15, 2017
Same issues on the PS4. It just looks blurry. I've used the ps4 for the majority of the season and definitely don't remember this being an issue earlier in the season. Noticed it maybe in the last few weeks.

roll4lines

Apr 24, 2014
CNY
Same issues on the PS4. It just looks blurry. I've used the ps4 for the majority of the season and definitely don't remember this being an issue earlier in the season. Noticed it maybe in the last few weeks.

bruins/van was awful, constant blur/pixelation on nesn and canuck feeds.

bruins/cal was perfect entire time.

no idea why, FIOS 75up/75down and never have issues with my internet. ping, bw, etc. always good and my ps4 is hardwired to router.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
What's with NHL.TV and the PS4?

The quality degrades consistently, despite my PS4 getting 50+ Mbps.

On my Xbox one I do not run into this issue, however my PS4 is the only one hooked to a TV (xbox on monitor)

It's extremely frustrating.. this did not happen a lot early in the year/last year.

could it be my PS4?

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto

On my Xbox one I do not run into this issue, however my PS4 is the only one hooked to a TV (xbox on monitor)

It's extremely frustrating.. this did not happen a lot early in the year/last year.

could it be my PS4?

I have the same problem. Very annoying indeed.

I used it for the first 40 games, but gave up. I switched to an old apple tv i had that was collecting dust. Better quality, lower frame rate. :dunno:

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Once again some stupid **** at Centre Ice has out the wrong Sportsnet feed onto the Dallas / Calgary channel. This time we have Sportsnet World. How do we contact these idiots ?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

could it be my PS4?

No, it's not your PS4. It seems that just about everyone has the same issues. Sometimes my games run fine, but for the most part they're blurry, or they'll look great for 30 seconds, the quality will then turn to ****, and then after a minute of that it will rewind 10 seconds and play in good quality. Rinse and repeat. I can't watch games on it anymore. I just use my laptop now. Never have any issues.

roll4lines

Apr 24, 2014
CNY
Tor/ bos is awful on PS4

Switched to Roku on same tv. Zero issues, perfect on roku. Both hard wired on fios

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com
watching on my computer. what's the hotkey for full screen? usually i can scroll down to find the button near the timeline but if i scroll too far down, the scoreboard shows up and hids the full screen button.(sometimes it does sometimes doesnt)

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
So I take it that the quality on the PS4 app has been terrible for everyone? Mine was fine the first 3/4 of the season, but has been trash for the past 3 weeks or so. Literally unwatchable.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
watching on my computer. what's the hotkey for full screen? usually i can scroll down to find the button near the timeline but if i scroll too far down, the scoreboard shows up and hids the full screen button.(sometimes it does sometimes doesnt)

Lol ikr!? A huge flaw. So stupid. I gave up on the laptop too because of this. Didnt realize there was a hotkey option.

Anyone got an answer for this?

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Yeah so reading the NHL app reviews and what not.. this is affecting a TON of PS4s.

no idea how SONY/NHL have not fixed this.. if this was NBA there would be a massive outcry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad