NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I'm in Canada and Gamecentre costs $200 for non-Rogers customers. My TV provider offers almost every game in HD with Centre Ice, but it is a little more expensive then GCL. However, I often have problems with GCL concerning availability and streaming quality (likely because of my sub par internet speed). Ever since Rogers took over here in Canada I've been disappointed with the service and especially with with increased price.

trying to watch the Oilers game and it only says "game will begin shortly"....game is halfway through the 2nd period.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
I'm in Canada and Gamecentre costs $200 for non-Rogers customers. My TV provider offers almost every game in HD with Centre Ice, but it is a little more expensive then GCL. However, I often have problems with GCL concerning availability and streaming quality (likely because of my sub par internet speed). Ever since Rogers took over here in Canada I've been disappointed with the service and especially with with increased price.

I can see why you are not happy with the service. It's the opposite here in the States. We get more for less money with NHL.tv versus Center Ice.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Apparently gamecenter live is messed up and they are working hard to fix it. First game back from the week off and I can't even watch my team.

xsnyper

Mar 25, 2012
Sudbury
I can see why you are not happy with the service. It's the opposite here in the States. We get more for less money with NHL.tv versus Center Ice.

Right now the only upside to having GCL is the ability to watch on portable devices. But recently whenever I'm away from my PC I opt for the radio feed as opposed to the video stream. Mainly because whenever I do attempt to stream live games, the quality is sub standard. GCL has been practically rendered useless to me.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
Everything is working now here with NHL.tv. My Roku and Android can now get the Habs game.

yeah looks like. bunch were greyed out. missed the first period of the blues game. oh well it happens. least were good again

Indiana Pittsburgh

Apr 15, 2013
So I have center ice on Xfinity/Comcast. Usually only get 1 HD game at a time. Tonight it's the coyotes. But I have discovered a new feature. If you search for any team, say the blue jackets, it will come up all the games upcoming. Under that is a thing that says NHL Center Ice beta HD. You can watch any game in HD. I'm not sure what it even is. Just wanted to let yinz know.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Switched to using Kodi on my PC from the browser player. I noticed stuttering is gone along with a clearer picture, seems like 60fps.

Anyone else having issues? Started on Thursday night with the feed stuttering and jumping ahead 1-2 seconds and being unable to stay connected to any of the feeds. Thought it was a one day thing but the highlights the next day were doing the same thing. Saturday was the same as well. This morning I couldn't even connect to one of the replays while some worked fine and others would disconnect halfway through.

aparch

Apr 3, 2008
I'm trying to watch the Pens-Sabres game, and NHL.TV is giving me the blackout notice. I live in florida. What gives?

Because the game is on NHL Network. Even if NHLNet isn't part of your cable package.

NHL.tv blacks out local market games, NHL Network games, and NBC/NBCSN games.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I've started to notice that the feeds are continuing into the post games instead cutting out "the game has ended." Anyone else notice that?

becky4015

Sep 11, 2014
I've started to notice that the feeds are continuing into the post games instead cutting out "the game has ended." Anyone else notice that?
Yes I noticed it tonight while watching msg telecast of rangers, lightning game, stayed on after the game and it was enjoyable , to watch post game ranger players and head coach interviews. Hope this keeps up ,hate to watch a game and the second its ended you get the this game has ended screen!

Readytostart

Feb 19, 2016
The scores aren't refreshing at all on my PS3. From the time I first log in until I shut it off, the scores and times left in the game are not being refreshed. I have to close the app and reopen to get scores updated.
Anyone else having this issue?
I'm in Hamilton, Ontario.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Anyone else having a weird picture issue on one of the HD channels on CI? Our picture is squeezed together with two black bar on each side of the picture.

Edit: Now both HD channels are doing it.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
NHL.tv having a promotion, they give discounts if you join with friends. Anyone interested trying it in the next few days? I`m planning to take 1 month

Aug 10, 2015
I estimate I have spent at least 6 hours with either the online chat support or the telephone support over the last couple weeks. I have probably spoken/chatted with at least 10 different people....generally the conversations end with "I can't help you, it should be working...I don't know why it isn't". :shakehead

Frustrating. I just hope I remember this next September when I am excited about another season (though in fairness, my Gamecentre worked well up until 2-3 weeks ago :( it's just frustrating to have the Oilers in a meaningful March and to be unable to watch games until 48 hours have passed).

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Centre ice on Bell is great.

I have 11 HD centre ice channels and 2 French HD so every game is HD and probably had 1 issue on 1 game over 15 years

roll4lines

Apr 24, 2014
CNY
So bruins/flyers is on NHL network. I only have NHL.tv on my ps4/pc , what do?

edit* i have the nesn feed for some reason. sweet

Last edited:

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I wish you could legally stream the NHL Network just in case. I don't watch it often because it's sort of cringe-worthy in its professionalism but they do have games on. I pay for NHL.tv and don't like they black out games on NHL Network.

I pay for an extra tier on DirecTV JUST for NHLN. I'm wondering if it's worth it, unless the quality of the network improved. First step would be to fire EJ Hradek. Yuck.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I wish you could legally stream the NHL Network just in case. I don't watch it often because it's sort of cringe-worthy in its professionalism but they do have games on. I pay for NHL.tv and don't like they black out games on NHL Network.

I pay for an extra tier on DirecTV JUST for NHLN. I'm wondering if it's worth it, unless the quality of the network improved. First step would be to fire EJ Hradek. Yuck.

if you are ok streaming ( and at the risk of being called a shill) directv now has the NHL network which was the draw to switch from playstation vue.

when the playoffs come around I think I will be 100% covered ( between nbcsn/ the nbc stations that pick up the overflow) real NBC ( i wish i could ota it, its cheap as the lowest of low cable packages) and now nhl network.

it has its problems but no more so than ps vue or sling did and they just added hbo free for a year. The only thing its missing is a cloud dvr which was promised at some point.

as for quality, if the nhl network didnt have games, no one would pay for it.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI

I have not seen that yet with the Montreal games. Sunday's game versus Edmonton cut out right after the game, as usual. Sometimes it's on long enough for the 3 stars announcement, sometimes it's not (Sunday's game was cut off before the 3 stars).

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I have not seen that yet with the Montreal games. Sunday's game versus Edmonton cut out right after the game, as usual. Sometimes it's on long enough for the 3 stars announcement, sometimes it's not (Sunday's game was cut off before the 3 stars).

I think it may be related to the network that is carrying the local feed you are watching. It appears to be available with any team carried by a Fox network and has been for the whole season with the Ducks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad