Pre-Game Talk: NHL Trade Deadline - Wednesday March 5 @ 12 noon PST - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
The Rebuild/Retool should be a 3 year
2013-2014
Edler, Kesler get dealt this year. We essentially get a top prospect, roster prospect, 1st for each. Booth gets bought out. Tanev, Kassian resign. Let the kids develop.

2014-2015
Richardson for a pick next year. Let the season go as it does. Potentially top 5 pick. Resign Markstrom, Matthias.

2015-2016
Bieksa and/or Hamhuis to contender if they want to win a cup

2016-2017
Final year before we contend. Burrows, Higgins go for picks/prospects. Clear cap space, Kids should be fill out our top 6. Hit the FA market hard.

2017-2018
Final year of Twins contract, kids shouldve developed. Twins prob decent 40-50pt guys imo. CONTEND. Shink, Horvat, Jensen, Corrado, Hutton, Cassel draftees etc should all be around 22-25 years old. Tanev should be in prime, Kassian too

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
Darkhorse prediction:

Gillis isn't actually willing to sell Kesler, he just wants to drum up interest for the other Canucks' players. He's purposely set the Kesler packages very high.

Kesler doesn't get traded but somehow we manage a Lu deal.

Still hoping we keep Kesler.

I'm hoping Gillis has some minor deals as well as a big splash.

Maybe a couple mid-late picks for a guy like Matthias (LW/C).
Deal off Booth for Erat.
Hopefully pick up a tweener like he did with Higgins so we can deal Hansen+ in a package for a young scorer.

1/3.

C'mon Gillis get er done. Would love a big shakeup deal around Bieksa/Garrison. Package up Higgins/Hansen with Dalpe/Schroeder and we might be able to compete as early as next year.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
any predictions for TDD?

mine:

Vanek To Minny
Callahan to Columbus
Hemsky to Pitt
Cammy to LA
Moulson to TB or SJ.
Legwand to Ana
Brodeur stays in NJ
Tallinder to Bos
Bergenheim to Pitt
Kesler to Philly or Tampa

discordant concord

Jan 13, 2010
Temples of Syrinx
I mentioned this in the Gillis thread.

If we can package Edler + Horvat for Yakupov + (defenceman prospect) tomorrow, I will be very pleased.

However, if something like this does happen, it will probably occur closer to the Draft. Unfortunately it probably won't involve an enigmatic Russkie.

Callhee

Embrace the hate.
Aug 24, 2009

If we can package Edler + Horvat for Yakupov + (defenceman prospect) tomorrow, I will be very pleased.

However, if something like this does happen, it will probably occur closer to the Draft. Unfortunately it probably won't involve an enigmatic Russkie.

Yeah, not giving up Horvat for anything, it would have to be RNH+ coming back to pry Horvat away.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011

oh god, i dont want yakupov anywhere near a rebuilding canucks team.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
any predictions for TDD?

mine:

Vanek To Minny
Callahan to Columbus
Hemsky to Pitt
Cammy to LA
Moulson to TB or SJ.
Legwand to Ana
Brodeur stays in NJ
Tallinder to Bos
Bergenheim to Pitt
Kesler to Philly or Tampa

Vanek - Minny
Cally - Tampa
Hemsky - Rangers
Cammy - Sharks
Moulson - La
Legwand - Nashville
Brodeur - no idea
Tallinder - stays
Bergenheim stays
Kesler - Ducks

John Bender*

Horvat? Um, no.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver

Not likely the future captain is gonna be traded

John Bender*

Gillis will hook up with Steve Yzerman on a deal. Brett Connolly goes home to the lower mainland. Possibly Richard Panik as well.

This.

Canucks should be all over Connolly. Big bodied winger that scores. In a rut in Tampa Bay because of the high end young talent they have. Could be had for relatively cheap right now. BC boy.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Vanek - Minny
Cally - Tampa
Hemsky - Rangers
Cammy - Sharks
Moulson - La
Legwand - Nashville
Brodeur - no idea
Tallinder - stays
Bergenheim stays
Kesler - Ducks

im sure Boston will add a defenseman. either Phillips or Tallinder although ijm sure they would love someone more capable of handling bigger minutes.

figured Bergenheim might get dealt because of issues he had with them in the past regarding his injury. he also is a strong playoff performer which would be an underated get for any playoff team.

I think LA wants Moulson but if they feel the cost is too high I can see them falling back on Cammy and Moulson going elsewhere.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
The Rebuild/Retool should be a 3 year
2013-2014
Edler, Kesler get dealt this year. We essentially get a top prospect, roster prospect, 1st for each. Booth gets bought out. Tanev, Kassian resign. Let the kids develop.

2014-2015
Richardson for a pick next year. Let the season go as it does. Potentially top 5 pick. Resign Markstrom, Matthias.

2015-2016
Bieksa and/or Hamhuis to contender if they want to win a cup

2016-2017
Final year before we contend. Burrows, Higgins go for picks/prospects. Clear cap space, Kids should be fill out our top 6. Hit the FA market hard.

2017-2018
Final year of Twins contract, kids shouldve developed. Twins prob decent 40-50pt guys imo. CONTEND. Shink, Horvat, Jensen, Corrado, Hutton, Cassel draftees etc should all be around 22-25 years old. Tanev should be in prime, Kassian too

That's the level they're at right now...I expect they'll be even worse.

I don't expect we'll be contenders until 2024-25 at the best, unless we somehow end up with Connor McDavid next year.

How cool would it be to be able to reunite the Horvat-McDavid-Reinhart line?

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
im sure Boston will add a defenseman. either Phillips or Tallinder although ijm sure they would love someone more capable of handling bigger minutes.

figured Bergenheim might get dealt because of issues he had with them in the past regarding his injury. he also is a strong playoff performer which would be an underated get for any playoff team.

I think LA wants Moulson but if they feel the cost is too high I can see them falling back on Cammy and Moulson going elsewhere.

Yeah, id guess phillips is the best bet to go to boston, seems like a good fit.. Bergenheim has been MIA ever since he left tampa, cant see a team giving up value for him at this point. Too much of a wild card imo. And agree, it will be interesting to see who la settles for. Pretty funny Moulson and Cammy used to play for la

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad