Feb 16, 2018
*former captain

dylan_strome_erie_otters_1.jpg
What do you mean?
uohAIQf.jpg

Reactions: Cowch

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Yeah, it looks like we are going to sell low today or even stand pat and this forum is going to explode.

I will join you after my work day.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
When Stan has to make moves he doesn’t and when he doesn’t he does for the fun of it, this guy has been in panic confused clueless mode since the end of the 2015 season and traumatized oblivious delusion since the whooping in the hands Nashville Predators 2017.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
If we don’t trade anyone this deadline, Bowman should be fired at 3:01 PM EST

Agree with this. And I'll add that a Gus trade for a mediocre return doesn't count towards me wanting to keep him. We're now at 5 seasons of failure and counting. I'm losing faith that Stan is capable of rebuilding this thing.

Reactions: TLEH

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Everyone: “Gus stinks and should return around a 3rd. Goalies don’t have much tdl value and maybe we’ll get a 2nd.”

Also everyone: “If Stan doesn’t trade Gus and Lehner for first rounders he should be fired”.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Everyone: “Gus stinks and should return around a 3rd. Goalies don’t have much tdl value and maybe we’ll get a 2nd.”

Also everyone: “If Stan doesn’t trade Gus and Lehner for first rounders he should be fired”.

Lmao yeah.

The amount of certainty here is quite amusing. Authority is assumed. Expectations are sky high. Ramifications promised.

Got to love the trade deadline. Or hate it. Changes every second. What a fine line.

Reactions: hawksrule

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

To me, it feels like the Hawks have no direction right now. To borrow a phrase from Rick Hahn - they're mired in mediocrity. Some tough decisions probably have to be made if they want to pull themselves out of this.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
That article someone posted on Mike Gillis sticks in my mind.

"I don’t think my role any longer is to be the GM of an NHL team," Gillis said Friday at the TeamSnap Hockey Coaches Conference in Toronto. "That one person, over time, gets worn out and starts to make poor decisions.
"I think the jobs are now far more difficult than they were five years ago, 10 years ago in particular, and 20 years ago it’s not even close."
Mike Gillis ready to return to NHL, but not as general manager - Sportsnet.ca

It describes the Hawks situation to a T IMO. Either Bowman is worn out and making bad decisions or the game has passed him. Even if he does get a couple 1st rounders today, I do not trust him to run this team. The results are in, the moves he made last offseason, as a whole, were nonsensical. It’s time for change.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
That article someone posted on Mike Gillis sticks in my mind.

It describes the Hawks situation to a T IMO. Either Bowman is worn out and making bad decisions or the game has passed him. Even if he does get a couple 1st rounders today, I do not trust him to run this team. The results are in, the moves he made last offseason, as a whole, were nonsensical. It’s time for change.

Good post. And really, he never had to build a team up. He inherited a goldmine. Now, he did a fabulous job caretaking it and deserves a ton of credit for the 3 Cups. But it does feel like the Hawks are stuck in mud spinning their wheels now.

Part of me wonders if it's because McDonough won't allow a proper rebuild?

Either way, they're on the same path the Wings took to a decade of sucking, following the dynasty ending. And we all said a few years ago that was the last thing we wanted.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
To me, it feels like the Hawks have no direction right now. To borrow a phrase from Rick Hahn - they're mired in mediocrity. Some tough decisions probably have to be made if they want to pull themselves out of this.

Definitely. But as pertains to the tdl, he can’t wave a magic wand to turn chicken shit into chicken salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad