GDT: NHL Trade Deadline Day Part III (hahahahhahha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Rutherford on Despres:

"He took a big step forward the first couple months of the season. Probably better than anyone projected him to play. As time has gone on, we felt his play dropped off. That's not necessarily his fault. Maybe he was put in situations where he wasn't comfortable, or was playing more minutes than he could handle at this point in his career.

"If we didn't have the number of young defensemen we presently have, this would've been a difficult deal to make."

So I sold low on him because all we draft are defensemen?

deczola

Jan 21, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Imagine that, developing a player? Why should we develop guys, when other teams can do it for us!

Letang = ELITE

Maata = really looks like he will be ELITE and maybe better overall than Letang

Pouliot = huge upside and if he improves on D end is easily a top 4 D man and a PP QB down the road

two more assists in minors

We do a great job of developing D men. We are not the Flyers

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
So we got Lovejoy because he used to play here? Country Club!

This is going to sound whacked, but stick with me...

When Lovejoy was here, I always said I liked his game. I figured, if he had a chance to you know, play more and gain experience, he could develop into a nice looking blueliner.

Instead he was shipped off on th cheap and then got experience, and got better.

I wonder if the Pens adopted this radical approach, if it might work for them?

It probably seems like I'm speaking straight fool, but I can't help but think there is something to this idea about letting young guys get experience, instead of wasting assets for that experience every season.

Just spitballing of course.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
As long as they don't trade Harrington, Dumo, or DP. We are good.

What if one of those guys busts... or gets a nasty injury. You can't really bank on prospects. Dumoulin still seems like a likely trade chip anyway.

johnniewalker

Dec 14, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Hyperbole out the ass right now. If you hate the trade you hate the trade but get real with all this nonsense. Sound like a bunch of six year old girls.

Agreed.

It's fine to hate the trade. It's fine to have had a different outlook on the players we gave up. It's fine to feel like we lost a little value.

But if anyone is quitting being a fan, grabbing pitchforks, not watching anymore, etc. they should really take a step back, go for a quick walk and get their priorities straight.

We were probably a shorted about a 3rd rounder in return for Despres on that trade. It is not going to bury the franchise or put us in some dark era.

Let's get real. We are a better hockey team today for having made these moves, and we will be about as good down the road with the players we have in the pipeline. Even if we lost this trade, it is not so horribly lopsided like some people are making it out to be.

Mar 22, 2010
Mother Base
Okay guys, I'm closing this one. All we're going to talk about from now on is the Despres trade and we have a seperate thread for that. Let's concentrate on one thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad