GDT: NHL Trade Deadline Day Part III (hahahahhahha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Yep.. the carnage is just mind blowing.

Good point about BB too. Given the Despres trade, JR would probably be willing to ship BB out of town for a bag of pucks at this point.

If this team was an asset manager in the finance world, they would be shorting Apple and taking out loans to buy Pets.com stock.

Since I got Capps PMs, I was prepared for Despres and BB to be gone. I just figured BB would have been the one thrown away for some vet asset to help them "win now".

It's hard to believe an org would take an asset like Despres and use him to bring back a guy they traded away for peanuts. No matter how many times I type it out, I still can't believe a real, living, breathing GM makes that deal without the aid of some type of narcotic.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Rutherford now: "The reason for these trades -- we looked at our defense and depsite playing well, we were concerned about he experience of our defense. Since Ben left here, he has gained great experience and played extremely well."

Trade all our d prospects.

deczola

Jan 21, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Pens playoff lineup now:

Perron-Crosby-Hornqvist
Kunitz-Malkin-Comeau
Winnik-Sutter-Downie
Spaling-Lapierre-Adams
Bennett (you know he'll be a healthy scratch)

Martin-Letang
Ehrhoff-Pouliot (you know he'll be playing here)
Scuderi-Lovejoy
Cole

Cole will be in top 6 and DP will not if he continues his horrendous play. I love his aggressiveness but his bordering on being a 4th frwd when he is on the ice. MGMT sees this, coach sees this.......if he continues the route he is on, he will be out of the top 6 soon.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I'm not any happier about the trade, but people are pulling stuff out of their ass. Lovejoy played top 4 minutes last year in the playoffs for the Ducks.

Yep. Lovejoy was pretty awesome in the playoffs last year for a club that nearly picked off the eventual champions.

It's possible to not like the deal without smearing Lovejoy's work since he left here, which, incidentally, has been exemplary.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
MAckey asked if what we did was good enough to compete with NYR/NYI's moves.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
The first time the Pens post something about Lovejoy ripping off the Simpsons, I'm going to be sorely tempted to file a DMCA complaint :laugh:

Ally22

Jul 3, 2013
Maybe Despres' play dropped off cuz he was jerked up and down the lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad