Post-Game Talk: NHL TRADE DEADLINE DAY 8 AM - ESPN+, NHLN, TSN, SN, NESN @ 2:30

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Right. I'm assuming a buyout is a given for him over the summer which I think the cap hit is $333,333 next year and then $1.3M the year after. Seems like his best use is for playoff depth at this point and then move on. Doesn't hurt to have insurance for this year when the hit isn't too bad once you buy him out.
We are witnessing how valuable cap space is right now. 333k could be put to better use, along with the 1.3m in 24-25.

Reilly isn’t someone you want to plug into a playoff series. Too many brain farts. I’d prefer to roll the dice with Zboril

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
If we are going with NO moves today. 2.8 mil in cap space until years end with Hall out (am i reading this right?!). I would like to see a lockerroom move if it costs future conciderations/an ahl body

Ill beat the dead horse again.
Future considerations for Lucic.
1.I think itll bring some energy for the fans leading up to the playoffs.
2.Likely cost nothing to attain (maybe even a swap for wags to save on some $$$) and with retention
3. Insurance for bruisers for playoffs if foligno/greer go down
4. May be good to show how to throw the gloves and lay a hit to :Freddy, Greer (biggest influence potential), Hathaway (eh I think hes good), Bertuzzi (fights improvements)
5. Knows the lockerroom and is obviously still well received with the current players (summer pics/wedding pics/them asking to be sent back to beantown on social media recently)

If we're not going to do anything, why not just flex looch for the rest of the season as an insurance policy for cheap?!

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
If we are going with NO moves today. 2.8 mil in cap space until years end with Hall out (am i reading this right?!). I would like to see a lockerroom move if it costs future conciderations/an ahl body

2.Likely cost nothing to attain (maybe even a swap for wags to save on some $$$) and with retention
4. May be good to show how to throw the gloves and lay a hit to :Freddy, Greer (biggest influence potential), Hathaway (eh I think hes good), Bertuzzi (fights improvements)
5. Knows the lockerroom and is obviously still well received with the current players (summer pics/wedding pics/them asking to be sent back to beantown on social media recently)

If we're not going to do anything, why not just flex looch for the rest of the season as an insurance policy for cheap?!

7DBBD308-D607-47E3-B9C6-42FB6A069B6E.gif

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

I thought that the Bruins would add but NEVER expected this from them/Don Sweeney. That being said, even if it seems impossible, even if he's toast and my brain says "that makes no sense, the cap etc, I would love it. I have no idea about how it would work, what it would take to make it work, and the cap implications going forward but the little boy pushing the buttons in my brain says (if he wants it) "BRING MILAN LUCIC HOME!":dd:

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
I thought that the Bruins would add but NEVER expected this from them/Don Sweeney. That being said, even if it seems impossible, even if he's toast and my brain says "that makes no sense, the cap etc, I would love it. I have no idea about how it would work, what it would take to make it work, and the cap implications going forward but the little boy pushing the buttons in my brain says (if he wants it) "BRING MILAN LUCIC HOME!":dd:
theres an opportunity now. The cap works, its the last of his contract. That wedding photo last summer is essentially the spiderman villians meme of the boys back together (just missing krugger)

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Ty Anderson on 98.5 right now. Says he doesn't think that the Bruins can/will resign Orlov. He said Dmitri wanted 7 years on his next contract with Washington.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Bruins 2011 Cup team:

Milan Lucic - Canada
Mark Recchi - Canada
Patrice Bergeron - Canada
Rich Peverley - Canada
Tyler Seguin - Canada
Adam McQuaid - Canada
Brad Marchand - Canada
Johnny Boychuk - Canada
Shawn Thornton - Canada
Chris Kelly - Canada
Gregory Campbell - Canada
Michael Ryder - Canada
Nathan Horton - Canada
Andrew Ference - Canada
Daniel Paille - Canada
Shane Hnidy - Canada

You can argue Canada won the cup in 2011...

;)

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Hockey Central is nearly insufferable its a Leaf love fest .That Jennifer Botteril is so full of shit it's not funny.And Anson Carter contradicts himself saying they move Sandin and add dump and chase D men which means wingers have nose to glass if they want puck followed by 2 mins later saying Leafs have a chance.Bieska,laughed at him though and said "go wan your on Canadisn TV "

4th D man? They have 9 now.
Jennifer Botterill is insufferable at the best of times, some women in sports broadcasting are very good, like our own Sophia, but Botterill is awful.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The key thing is health. If Uncle Nick and Hall are injured, but can return in the playoffs that changes things a bit. If they're injured and no chance of playoffs, that's an issue. I trust Sweeney in doing what needs to be done with either situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad