Post-Game Talk: NHL TRADE DEADLINE DAY 8 AM - ESPN+, NHLN, TSN, SN, NESN @ 2:30

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
After everything we’ve seen the Bruins do this week, we can’t expect another move coming today. Not only that, I have to believe all the major pieces around the rest of the league have already been moved. I’d be shocked if anyone made a splash today.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
There’s virtually no upside to moving Reilly or Wags now. We’re not going to be able to bank space so I’d rather have them and deal with Reilly in the summer.
If someone/ anyone is willing to take Reilly now you absolutely have to move him. Seeing as how he cleared waivers earlier this season, he will garner zero interest today.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
If someone/ anyone is willing to take Reilly now you absolutely have to move him. Seeing as how he cleared waivers earlier this season, he will garner zero interest today.
I feel for the kid, I know I shouldn't because he's making a ton of money that Donny gave him but he should be playing in the NHL somewhere.

Maybe a few Dmen got banged up last night around the league

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Why? Wasn't the motivation to trade Reilly to save on the bonus overage next year? And from my understanding that point is now moot with Hall and LTIR. At this point, he's just playoff depth.

Reactions: Kegs

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Very. Just hope he continues to get better from whatever he was dealing with.
He is very talented. I’m sure he will be fine. He has time to figure it out over there too. Kinda the perfect fit.

Reactions: ylekot

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Why? Wasn't the motivation to trade Reilly to save on the bonus overage next year? And from my understanding that point is now moot with Hall and LTIR. At this point, he's just playoff depth.
Because he’s 3m on your cap next season unless you buy him out. If there’s a team desperate for a dman right now, moving Reilly is a no brainer. 3m off next seasons cap, no buyout necessary

Reactions: JerseyBruin

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I expect Toronto to do something. Maybe add a 4th defenseman???

Hell, the difficulty rating on incorporating 50% change in your defense in March is high. But Dubas is an overachiever and wants to go for the quadruple, double inverted pike off the low board.

I predict a belly flop, but hey ho -- no guts no glory.

• Haha
Reactions: KWbruin

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Hockey Central is nearly insufferable its a Leaf love fest .That Jennifer Botteril is so full of shit it's not funny.And Anson Carter contradicts himself saying they move Sandin and add dump and chase D men which means wingers have nose to glass if they want puck followed by 2 mins later saying Leafs have a chance.Bieska,laughed at him though and said "go wan your on Canadisn TV "

I expect Toronto to do something. Maybe add a 4th defenseman???

Hell, the difficulty rating on incorporating 50% change in your defense in March is high. But Dubas is an overachiever and wants to go for the quadruple, double inverted pike off the low board.

I predict a belly flop, but hey ho -- no guts no glory.
4th D man? They have 9 now.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I expect Hurricanes and Bolts to make some big trades. Boston might surprise...interesting Dom believes something could happen.
Unless there's some big off the wall name for CAR, I feel like most of their logical targets have already moved.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Because he’s 3m on your cap next season unless you buy him out. If there’s a team desperate for a dman right now, moving Reilly is a no brainer. 3m off next seasons cap, no buyout necessary
Right. I'm assuming a buyout is a given for him over the summer which I think the cap hit is $333,333 next year and then $1.3M the year after. Seems like his best use is for playoff depth at this point and then move on. Doesn't hurt to have insurance for this year when the hit isn't too bad once you buy him out.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Hockey Central is nearly insufferable its a Leaf love fest .That Jennifer Botteril is so full of shit it's not funny.And Anson Carter contradicts himself saying they move Sandin and add dump and chase D men which means wingers have nose to glass if they want puck followed by 2 mins later saying Leafs have a chance.Bieska,laughed at him though and said "go wan your on Canadisn TV "

4th D man? They have 9 now.
After years (no exaggeration) of ignoring Defense in favor of expensive Forward contracts, they finally seem to understand it might be necessary for playoff success. But at this stage they are left with strategy (?) of adding quantity rather than strategic quality.

Hell, they may add 3 more today at this rate.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Put on Bluey and let it ride.

Thank me later.
We are big Bluey fans! I'm hoping after the next rotation I can slip him in there or at the very least I can put on Barney. She loves both. But for some reason this "Counting to 5" song is hitting the spot this morning 😭

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad