Post-Game Talk: NHL TRADE DEADLINE DAY 8 AM - ESPN+, NHLN, TSN, SN, NESN @ 2:30

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Atlanta has had a team twice and it did not work out.
not really, because the Hawks aren't likely ceding that exclusive contract at State Farm Arena, and the latest reno there virtually eliminated any possibility of hockey as a co-tenant..... it's why Gwinnett became that center of the hockey territory once the Braves bolted Richmond for Gwinnett, even though the team rebranded from Braves to Stripers, even though Braves remains the typical Braves affiliated nickname...

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
not really, because the Hawks aren't likely ceding that exclusive contract at State Farm Arena, and the latest reno there virtually eliminated any possibility of hockey as a co-tenant..... it's why Gwinnett became that center of the hockey territory once the Braves bolted Richmond for Gwinnett, even though the team rebranded from Braves to Stripers, even though Braves remains the typical Braves affiliated nickname...
obviously...

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Before the deadline I would have taken the Bruins roster over any other in the NHL. After the deadline I feel the same way. Bs did really well to improve the team enough to keep them on top,
Agreed.

I was pretty worried that the other contenders would bridge the gap a lot, but the Bruins kept pace with everything they all did.

I was most worried about Carolina getting a big piece, and they did just about nothing. Toronto looked like they could've been dangerous after the ROR trade, but they followed up by shuffling deck chairs around while ignoring the iceberg-sized hole in their goalcrease. The Rangers and Devils made improvements on offense as well, but the Bruins matched everyone, got one of the best defensemen on the market and two forwards they really needed. So yeah, I'm as confident now as I was 2 weeks ago.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
It's called going all in for a Cup!
Does this mean we don't need to save you a spot for the parade?
What in holy hell is wrong with you and that jinx talk.

Regardless of what happens going forward this is likely the best bruins team on paper we're all likely to see for the next 5-10 years if ever again our lifetime. Enjoy that shit because it doesn't last and you never know if you'll get to see as good a shot again.

Very true. But with a team like this you have to go for it. And he did. Kudos.
For sure

Reactions: bruins19

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
What in holy hell is wrong with you and that jinx talk.

Regardless of what happens going forward this is likely the best bruins team on paper we're all likely to see for the next 5-10 years if ever again our lifetime. Enjoy that shit because it doesn't last and you never know if you'll get to see as good a shot again.

For sure
Okay, but you seemed to be complaining that they've cashed in a bunch of picks to get these "rentals." Apologies if I misunderstood. Perhaps my reaction was coloured by the discussion I was having with someone on FB who was complaining that Sweeney didn't do anything great; simply turned "17 players into 7" and traded away the future. :ha:

I simply can't get with that POV. This is the year to go for it, especially with Bergeron and Krejci signing their sweetheart deals. This is why they did that! To go all in. What a slap in the face to these two future Bruins legends to do anything less than go all in this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00