Speculation: NHL Trade Deadline 2017

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
So, what exactly are you suggesting? First you said those moves werent effective enough because they are not playing up to par right now and that we need a move like Shatty (at the expense of destroying our center depth) to fix it long term. But, you are now conceding that they were good acquisitions at the time. So, they were good acquisitions, but didnt play well long enough for your liking? Fair enough. But, how exactly do you think Shattenkirk until he is 36 is going to be any different?
Shatty is 28 I think 4-5 years of that deal would be great years 6 and 7 not so much. But it's clear the shattenkirk deal is dead where do we go now ?

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
We better trade for draft picks. We need to have some good players in 3-5 years when Vasilevskiy may or may not be ready to be a starting goalie in the NHL.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Cheap. Wouldn't be too bad in Edmonton either behind McJesus and RNH.

Yeah, I think Flip would be a nice fit in Edmonton. We brought him on board, in part, to help with the young guys and lead by example "playing the right way." He did that. For EDM, he could do that and then be gone again by the time they have to start dishing out money to better players. This could work well for both sides.

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
A little off-topic but, what happened to Filppula? His production has steadily gone down since stellar first season in TBL.

Just curious out of curiosity.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
A little off-topic but, what happened to Filppula? His production has steadily gone down since stellar first season in TBL.

He just never played at the level he did in that first season. But that was also the season of Stammer's injury, so we just flat-out needed him to score more.

He's been good this year. Very good at times. He still has moments where he's bad, but they're more like a regular good player having an off night now than him just looking atrocious game after game. He'll probably get 40+ points in a tweener, which is nothing to sneeze at, even if his ability to score goals has completely evaporated.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Gotta wonder if word of the Shattenkirk trade got back to Johnson and was perhaps the reason behind some of the shaky play we saw.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014

He broke his wrist and forgot he was actually allowed to shoot the god damned puck.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
In the event that Palat were to be traded, what would you predict his next contract to look like? Am I correct that he has one year of RFA control remaining after this?

$27M/5 years...in the right ballpark?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
In the event that Palat were to be traded, what would you predict his next contract to look like? Am I correct that he has one year of RFA control remaining after this?

$27M/5 years...in the right ballpark?

I would say that is probably about right. That's 5.4m a year? I think we were expecting between 5 and 5.5 so that might be on the upper end of the range.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Have this feeling no moves are going to be made. Things are very complicated this year, and not just with Tampa.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Thanks for all the replies.
I don't think I'd let Bear/Jones go we need guys like those to come up and have success with the big club one day.
I'd do a 3rd + Musil/Simpson for Filpulla one million retained.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I don't think I'd let Bear/Jones go we need guys like those to come up and have success with the big club one day.

Maybe for no retention

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Think bishop goes I think Boyle does not Boyle wants to resign in Tampa

I looooooove Boyle, but he's priced himself out of our range. He deserves a big pay day, if Yzerman gets offered something great, better believe he's traded. Cross my fingers that he will sign in off season but doubtful :shakehead

Gawd I hate losing him too. We have nobody who can replace him

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

That's a trash offer. Filpulla without retention is worth more than a 3rd and a contract dump. Filpulla with retention is a valuable piece a lot of teams would be in on. No Bear then we'd want a 1st and we'd retain up to 2mil.

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
Not sure if this has been said, but what about

Johnson/Palat plus Coburn

for

Vatanen plus Stoner plus pick one (Kase-young NHL Ready, Terry-Junior prospect, 2nd round pick)

The third person can be other names

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad