NHL to Seattle Volume XV - Moving the Expansion Needle [Upd: 9/24 Arena Reno. Unanimously Approved]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Senators Guy

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish Storm Krakens was the name, it just fits well and I like the sound. Chances are very low that it'll happen though.

jbron

Apr 27, 2014
West Coast
It appears that no name is dead for the Seattle team. Doubt Leiweke will decide on the team name and he is saying the right things to
a Vancouver audience. ( Respect the Vancouver blue green colors but also look to understand the heritage of hockey in Seattle. Its simply to say the process is just beginning.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
It appears that no name is dead for the Seattle team. Doubt Leiweke will decide on the team name and he is saying the right things to
a Vancouver audience. ( Respect the Vancouver blue green colors but also look to understand the heritage of hockey in Seattle. Its simply to say the process is just beginning.

Nothing wrong with these colors as the green is a different shade than Vancouver's and the Canucks primary color is blue.

Klgr3wX.jpg

:jets

snovalleyhockeyfan

I'm just the messenger.....
May 22, 2008
North Bend, WA
Can't read it..there is a pay wall.

You're not missing anything, SD. Geoff is just doing his usual spouting off in his column. Rehashing what really should be obvious to most people. With respect to ROOT, the network as all of you know needs dramatically upgraded winter programming. Simply getting by with the Mariners is not going to cut it, especially if they attempt to increase their fees they charge to cable/satellite providers to carry the channel. NHL/Seattle or Big Sky football with a side of Gonzaga men's basketball and random Fox Sports Net national content during the winter? Take your pick.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Seattle Jets is what you want but we know that can't happen. The obvious solution here is to take a cue from Vegas and name them them the Seattle Golden Jets.

I personally would have liked Seattle Bombers since it's historic but that wouldn't fly in these politically correct times.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
It's only the headquarters that are in Chicago but the aircraft are still assembled in the Seattle region aren't they?

Seattle, South Carolina, and wherever else they can build them in the future with more favorable labor rates and more reasonable property values and labor laws.

j1012

Dec 8, 2014
Does a team that could only last a season in Seattle deserve a nod?
Still Pilots is an easy team name that could be used again, without major issues.

I just do not like Kraken. (sorry Superdeluxe, :) )

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Seattle, South Carolina, and wherever else they can build them in the future with more favorable labor rates and more reasonable property values and labor laws.

Yeah, the commerical airline division and military division still here. I think we still have 40k workers.

It's good to have the jobs there even if the HQ is elsewhere. There's a Boeing plant here in Winnipeg as well which we're glad to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad