NHL To Resume Play In Edmonton and Toronto | Teams Arrive Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabs

Oct 30, 2009

anyone wanna lend the hub a little better patio furniture? that's embarrassing

Gotta hope that these are just them getting a visual for spacing and whatnot during the planning stage. That looks super cheap and will blow away with any wind. Got an opportunity to show off the city, arena, and team during the summer months that most of the world never sees, and this is what they put out? The weather may actually start to cooperate just in time for everyone to arrive, at least use the same type of patio furniture that is in every surrounding restaurant in the district.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Some quotes from that article:
“We’re really fortunate to be dealing with the people from the Oilers Entertainment Group. They are fantastic. Not every NHL team is set up like OEG or had the infrastructure to pull off an event like this."

“I’m a television guy. That’s my background. I spent years producing hundreds and hundreds of television shows. So when I knew there were going to be no fans, I immediately adopted the philosophy that lets take something for the fans that are going to watch at home and make it a special viewing experience. Lets take out the seats and put on a show — make it a television event in addition to a live sporting event,” he said. “There will be all sorts of staging effects and backdrops in the stands.”

The lack of fans creates another opportunity.

“We’ll be able to move cameras around. And Rogers Place is the ideal location. The beauty of Rogers Place to me is that they went around to all the other arenas and they picked the best ideas and built an arena that’s absolutely spectacular.

“With no fans in the stands, we can position cameras in places that are absolutely ideal. We’re going to have one camera every day that goes to a different position. We’re going to have double the amount of microphones that we’ve ever had on the ice. The sound is going to be amazing. I think it will be very compelling for our fans.”

“Each team will have a meeting room, a film room and a team lounge. There are activities we’re setting up through the entire environment involving such things as e-game stations, golf simulators, ping pong tables, pool tables, indoor areas, outdoor areas and places to go if they just want to watch some hockey.

“We hope it won’t take them long to see that our general philosophy here is player-first. We’ve talked to the players on so many occasions. Connor McDavid was involved in the process. We wanted to understand what their interests are.”

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
image.jpg

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
How ironic. The last 2-3 years, the district fenced up because of construction, and then finally, enough stuff done that it opens up. Only to be fenced off again.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Caleb Jones.

You think the Oilers will go 7-3-1?

I think a lot depends on next year. If Jones continues to flourish (I'm assuming that they try to move Russell), he'd be a valuable trade chip at the very least post-expansion draft so I'd consider going 4-4-1 and expose Kassian, AA, Puljujarvi etc.
Is it worth losing Jones just to protect Kassian, AA and Archibald or somebody else (Benson? Pulju?)? I don't know. It would hurt to lose Kassian in particular but not the worst thing to free up that money to fill a need. He'll be 30 by then and is a contract that might not age well on the back half.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

I think a lot depends on next year. If Jones continues to flourish (I'm assuming that they try to move Russell), he'd be a valuable trade chip at the very least post-expansion draft so I'd consider going 4-4-1 and expose Kassian, AA, Puljujarvi etc.
Is it worth losing Jones just to protect Kassian, AA and Archibald or somebody else (Benson? Pulju?)? I don't know. It would hurt to lose Kassian in particular but not the worst thing to free up that money to fill a need. He'll be 30 by then and is a contract that might not age well on the back half.

Yeah, I love Kassian as much as the next guy. But deciding to expose Kassian or Jones isn't hard decision. You keep the young promising defender over the 30 year old winger every time. Even if that forward has a somewhat unique skill set.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

With the plethora of D we have coming that we don’t have to protect my guess is 7-3-1. But who knows it’s just my gut feel today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad