NHL To Resume Play In Edmonton and Toronto | Teams Arrive Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
With the plethora of D we have coming that we don’t have to protect my guess is 7-3-1. But who knows it’s just my gut feel today.

The calculation ends up being which forward in the 5-7 group is better than Jones. Kassian is the only player that is close IMO right now. I suppose a player like AA or Benson could have a great year next year and be worth more than Jones, but I don't see that as of right now.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
With the plethora of D we have coming that we don’t have to protect my guess is 7-3-1. But who knows it’s just my gut feel today.

It's an interesting debate either way.

I look at it this way. Who has the potential to be a more valuable asset going forward? A young Caleb Jones signed cheaply for 2 more years (1 after expansion draft) or one of Kassian approaching 30 signed for 4 more years, Archibald (solid but dime a dozen bottom 6 guy) or Benson who may or may not be an NHLer? I left out AA and Pulju because they aren't protecting Pulju and I think this season is make or break for AA.

Personally, I don't see it as Jones being less of a need than the forwards. I look at it from an asset management standpoint. I think he has the highest potential of those exposed guys of being a valuable asset either as an Oiler long term or by trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig