NHL To Resume Play In Edmonton and Toronto | Teams Arrive Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Yes, but I think it's also important to call them out and say that it's kind of a stupid idea.
They haven't really done an official announcement yet. I could see with enough cops around people won't be drinking and driving anymore than Kdays or something. Only difference is you don't have a mile walk to your car

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I mean depending how it's setup it's probably no worse than west edmonton mall being open or gyms
I don't know..... think about Ford hall during the last run....

If the Oilers score to win it in overtime people (who have been drinking the whole time) are going to be hugging, high fiving etc... It's lunacy to expect them to just stand and social distance.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Okay, a drive in AND beer garden is significantly less stupid. The beer garden could be done in a similar fashion as outdoor patios are currently being done. So I don't really see the issue there to be honest. Just keep the numbers at a certain point and you are good. I could see having to get there very, VERY, early to get a seat for Oilers games.

Reactions: KYams17

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't know..... think about Ford hall during the last run....

If the Oilers score to win it in overtime people (who have been drinking the whole time) are going to be hugging, high fiving etc... It's lunacy to expect them to just stand and social distance.
I mean there's potential for that at the hundreds of locations that are going to be showing hockey anyway. This one is at least outside.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
They should just have every seat outfitted with dedicated oxygen lines and SCBAs, attendees will be guided to their seats by an usher hazmat team with oxygen tanks on a cart. For premium seating catheter service is optional to avoid bathroom contamination.

A basic purified oxygen mixture will be provided free of charge but if you are having difficulty maintaining consciousness you can increase your oxygen supply using Rogers best in class high tech iPhone app, for a nominal fee of 49.99 per 1% of additional oxygen. For premium customers, a 12% THC mixture will be piped in after every oilers goal or fight victory.

Due to the experimental nature of this service, in the event of catastrophic failure basic cremation services will be provided by The Calgary flames. Gary Bettman will be available for a brief condolence conference call with immediate family members if all rights to litigation are posthumously waived, while a photocopy of Either Todd Harvey or Brad Winchester’s signature (Dependent on availability) will be mailed at the leagues earliest convenience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Porkleaker

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Re: Toews

What’s the history with him being lazy? This is the first I’ve heard of this. It isn’t for family reasons but just lazy reasons? The above article makes it sound like owners didn’t like him but the players did.

Friedman: “And other players said ... he was great, he asked relevant questions, (and) he challenged whether or not this was really safe to play. They said that when you talk about star players standing up for other people, he did that."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad