NHL To Resume Play In Edmonton and Toronto | Teams Arrive Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Like I’ve said, I’m not sure we even get to Phase 3 with some teams. We have a little over 3 weeks before teams land here. Cases in the US may be hitting 100,000 per day by then.
We aren't in the bubble phase yet so this isnt a big issue. These are players exposed to the outside, coming in. They need to be 100% clear before they get here

Reactions: flying v 604

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
We aren't in the bubble phase yet so this isnt a big issue. These are players exposed to the outside, coming in. They need to be 100% clear before they get here

That’s what I mean, by the time the players are ready to come here we could see entire teams go down to the virus.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Stay inside!! Healthiest team may win.
They should force certain teams to forfeit the playoffs if it gets too bad. I used to work for promotions that went live on PPV and the show must go on. In regard to player safety, if they were irresponsible and didn't follow self isolation protocol it is their own damn fault. If a dipshit spread it to his team, sucks to be him.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
That’s what I mean, by the time the players are ready to come here we could see entire teams go down to the virus.
How would it get worse from here if were starting with few restrictions (ie free in the public) to many restrictions (NHL quarantine)?

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009

In the next few days any new infections will be hard pressed to clear it from their system before the first games on Aug 1st. Positive tests going forward probably mean players missing games.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I'd like to think that most of the players have been following some sort of team guidelines up to this point. I know there are a few exceptions, but I can't see too many pro athletes taking totally unnecessary risks. NHL has been pretty up front on this.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
In the next few days any new infections will be hard pressed to clear it from their system before the first games on Aug 1st. Positive tests going forward probably mean players missing games.
Ok doctor lol

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Ok doctor lol

655E820A-D709-49B3-B5EA-AE97AA49962E.gif

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
If my nephew can survive working at the Craigs No Frills in Leduc through this whole pandemic wearing a mask and gloves, I'm sure big ol' tough Hockey players will be just fine. Get them here asap! I want hockey! I need closure to the season. Let's go!!
Todd works at No Frills?

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
I think it will be fine. Everyone reporting back to their teams getting tested while still self-isolating regardless of results should be enough, unless somehow a player gets infected while travelling to their hub city.
I think some Americans see how bad their country has handled the crisis and maybe they assume it's like that here in Canada? We had 10 new cases in BC yesterday and most cases in Canada seem to be coming from healthcare facilities.
One thing I'm curious about is if these positive tests results are actual cases or is it more of a net that includes anyone showing the slightest symptoms?

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
I think it will be fine. Everyone reporting back to their teams getting tested while still self-isolating regardless of results should be enough, unless somehow a player gets infected while travelling to their hub city.
I think some Americans see how bad their country has handled the crisis and maybe they assume it's like that here in Canada? We had 10 new cases in BC yesterday and most cases in Canada seem to be coming from healthcare facilities.
One thing I'm curious about is if these positive tests results are actual cases or is it more of a net that includes anyone showing the slightest symptoms?
Scientists are getting mad that the virus is disappearing faster than they can make a vaccine.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Basically, if you ain't dead by now you're good. I would really appreciate it if everyone stopped acting like a bunch of muffins. My grandpa didn't land on the beaches of Normandy to listen to whiny cupcakes. HOCKEY!! frig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad