NHL to make announcement on Return to Play Plan at 4:30 p.m. ET NBCSN, SN, NHLN, TVAS

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
You have no idea what the safety measures will be, as the league and medical officials have yet to work that out, so how can you possibly come up with these scenarios?

Um... oh geez... this is embarrassing... we know what the safety measures are.

Someone should have told you but maybe you were too busy posting on the topic?

Anyways, here:

• on-ice sessions will be non-contact and involve up to six players, who will be expected to maintain physical distancingat all times.
  • Players will be required to wear masks when entering and exiting facilities, and when not able to physically distance.
  • “Face coverings (cloth or surgical-type mask) shall be worn at all times — other than while exercising — when entering or leaving the club facility and while inside the club facility where social distancing cannot be maintained
  • “Players are not required to wear face coverings when they are exercising or on the ice.
  • players and staff will be administered COVID-19 nasal swab tests two days before training begins, and will be tested twice a week afterwards.
  • They will also be perform daily self-administered temperature and symptom checks at home before heading to their team’s facility.
  • Teams are also not allowed to require a player to return to a club’s home city to complete any necessary quarantine measures before the workouts begin.
  • Coaches and management will be allowed to watch, but not participate in, the informal skates.
  • any player or staff member who develops COVID-19 symptoms during Phase 2, including cough, shortness of breath, chest pain, fever/chills, muscle pain (not exercise-related), loss of smell or taste, cold-like symptoms, or gastrointestinal symptoms are expected to immediately notify medical officials and self-isolate.
  • If a COVID-19 test comes back positive, the player/staff member’s team will conduct contract tracing in conjunction with local health regulations.

....... so, if the Swedish or Brazilian or even Chinese Olympic teams want to train in America and swear to follow the same type of measures....

.... you good?

FartMilk

Jan 19, 2019
Um... oh geez... this is embarrassing... we know what the safety measures are.

Someone should have told you but maybe you were too busy posting on the topic?

Anyways, here:

• on-ice sessions will be non-contact and involve up to six players, who will be expected to maintain physical distancingat all times.
  • Players will be required to wear masks when entering and exiting facilities, and when not able to physically distance.
  • “Face coverings (cloth or surgical-type mask) shall be worn at all times — other than while exercising — when entering or leaving the club facility and while inside the club facility where social distancing cannot be maintained
  • “Players are not required to wear face coverings when they are exercising or on the ice.
  • players and staff will be administered COVID-19 nasal swab tests two days before training begins, and will be tested twice a week afterwards.
  • They will also be perform daily self-administered temperature and symptom checks at home before heading to their team’s facility.
  • Teams are also not allowed to require a player to return to a club’s home city to complete any necessary quarantine measures before the workouts begin.
  • Coaches and management will be allowed to watch, but not participate in, the informal skates.
  • any player or staff member who develops COVID-19 symptoms during Phase 2, including cough, shortness of breath, chest pain, fever/chills, muscle pain (not exercise-related), loss of smell or taste, cold-like symptoms, or gastrointestinal symptoms are expected to immediately notify medical officials and self-isolate.
  • If a COVID-19 test comes back positive, the player/staff member’s team will conduct contract tracing in conjunction with local health regulations.

....... so, if the Swedish or Brazilian or even Chinese Olympic teams want to train in America and swear to follow the same type of measures....

.... you good?

Um... oh geez... this is embarrassing.

You're posting the NHL's memo for Phase 2, which doesn't yet cover the safety protocols for training camps or actual games.

"The final two phases of the return-to-play protocol — training camps followed by a resumption of game action — were not mentioned in the memo."

LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Um... oh geez... this is embarrassing.

You're posting the NHL's memo for Phase 2, which doesn't yet cover the safety protocols for training camps or actual games.

"The final two phases of the return-to-play protocol — training camps followed by a resumption of game action — were not mentioned in the memo."

LOL.

Right. As in what’s happening now and next. Do you not care about what’s happening now or in the next phase?

How in the hell could you argue it’s safe now and in the next phase if you didn’t understand what was now and next.

Sigh.

Look.... I’m not trying to be insulting here. I have to say though there is a comprehension issue on your part.

Which means one of two things.

1) I have to remind myself that all ages can post here and it would be irresponsible of me to engage further.

2). You are obtuse on purpose and this is your schtick. In which case, it’s a waste of my time and anyone who spends time reading this merry-go-round.

Best of luck to you.

FartMilk

Jan 19, 2019
Right. As in what’s happening now and next. Do you not care about what’s happening now or in the next phase?

How in the hell could you argue it’s safe now and in the next phase if you didn’t understand what was now and next.

Sigh.

Look.... I’m not trying to be insulting here. I have to say though there is a comprehension issue on your part.

Which means one of two things.

1) I have to remind myself that all ages can post here and it would be irresponsible of me to engage further.

2). You are obtuse on purpose and this is your schtick. In which case, it’s a waste of my time and anyone who spends time reading this merry-go-round.

Best of luck to you.

There is a comprehension issue on your part. Your entire stance revolves around hypotheticals.

You're creating imaginary scenarios with issues when protocols for anything haven't even been released yet. It's still very early in the process and the earliest games wouldn't be until late July.

That's two months from now.

Do you not understand this simple concept? It's a fluid situation and you're complaining about what's at the end of the bridge when you haven't even crossed it yet.

And for the last time. The NHL RTP and safety protocols are not mutually exclusive things.

If the league is able to do this, who the f*** are we to complain?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
There is a comprehension issue on your part. Your entire stance revolves around hypotheticals.

You're creating imaginary scenarios with issues when protocols for anything haven't even been released yet. It's still very early in the process and the earliest games wouldn't be until late July.

That's two months from now.

Do you not understand this simple concept? It's a fluid situation and you're complaining about what's at the end of the bridge when you haven't even crossed it yet.

And for the last time. The NHL RTP and safety protocols are not mutually exclusive things.

If the league is able to do this, who the f*** are we to complain?

Best of luck to you.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I wonder if we'll see Tough Guy McGee develop Covid symptoms and do everything within his power to fool the test and keep playing. Is that even possible?

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
NHL announces that training camps won't start before July 10. So with a 3-week training camp, that means the play-in round starts no earlier than August 1, with the Cup being awarded some time around Canadian Thanksgiving. League doesn't have much track to work with here if they plan on completing the 2019-20 season, holding a draft, having a free agency period, then having a training camp and exhibition games (including for players on 7 teams not having played since mid-March), AND completing a full 82-game season for 2020-21.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
NHL announces that training camps won't start before July 10. So with a 3-week training camp, that means the play-in round starts no earlier than August 1, with the Cup being awarded some time around Canadian Thanksgiving. League doesn't have much track to work with here if they plan on completing the 2019-20 season, holding a draft, having a free agency period, then having a training camp and exhibition games (including for players on 7 teams not having played since mid-March), AND completing a full 82-game season for 2020-21.

Have they announced July 10 as the earliest starting date? Or is that someone's speculation?

Bettman has already talked about starting the 2020-21 season in December or January and still playing a full 82-game season. So, it might be something like January September and then start 21-22 in December and end in August and so on.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Have they announced July 10 as the earliest starting date? Or is that someone's speculation?

Bettman has already talked about starting the 2020-21 season in December or January and still playing a full 82-game season. So, it might be something like January September and then start 21-22 in December and end in August and so on.

NHL training camps won't begin before July 10 - TSN.ca

And I don’t think they can keep pushing seasons back like this if they want to get 82 games and the playoffs in. They’re going to have to have a shortened season some time to correct things. Which could include coming to the realization to just cancel this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad