NHL to make announcement on Return to Play Plan at 4:30 p.m. ET NBCSN, SN, NHLN, TVAS

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
NHL to make announcement on Return to Play Plan at 4:30 p.m. ET - Sportsnet.ca

I didn't see this posted yet...

Do you think we will get anything meaningful out of this? Such as hub city announcements? Dates? What the heck the 1-4 teams will be playing for?

lEzTTOol.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
Bring the f***ing playoffs, even if it's 24 teams!!

TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie reports that NHL general managers will get the details of the league's Return to Play format on a conference call Tuesday at 3 p.m. ET before the league's announcement. McKenzie adds it is expected the details of the NHL Draft and draft lottery timing and format will be part of Tuesday's announcement. Media availability will be held at 6 p.m. ET.
It is expected the details of the NHL draft and draft lottery timing/format will be part of today’s big reveal by the NHL on RTP format(s).
— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) May 26, 2020

:m-dance::popcorn:

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

That's good news IMO.

It means that the draft will be after the season concludes and will mostly be business as usual at that point. The only difference is that teams that are currently "playoff" teams, like Pittsburgh, could end up in the lottery due to the play-in round.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Wow so the pens have a shot at winning the lottery if they lose to the habs? That certainly makes this bs play-in more palatable.

I would assume that if Pittsburgh were to lose to Montreal and NOT win the lottery, they would end up with the 15th pick due to their regular season record. Still, it is a nice consolation prize to have a chance at the top 3 picks.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Everybody should be happy with that. Now the playoff teams who would have never won the cup but don't deserve a shot at #1 will have a shot at #1 if they get bounced in the play-in.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
That's good news IMO.

It means that the draft will be after the season concludes and will mostly be business as usual at that point. The only difference is that teams that are currently "playoff" teams, like Pittsburgh, could end up in the lottery due to the play-in round.
"Good news" to those 2 Red Wings fans and myself is the announcement the that lottery is cancelled this year and the Wings get #1 overall. It's all about perspective, friend.

Oheao

Apr 17, 2014
London
If that's true wouldn't the draft lottery have to be after the play-in? I thought they wanted to have the draft in June?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Everybody should be happy with that. Now the playoff teams who would have never won the cup but don't deserve a shot at #1 will have a shot at #1 if they get bounced in the play-in.

I will absolutely not be happy if Edmonton/Pittsburgh get ANOTHER franchise player at 1st overall despite actually being good teams this time :laugh:

If I were a Buffalo/NJ fan I’d be fuming right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->