Confirmed Signing with Link: NHL-to-KHL Free Agent Transfer Thread

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Huh, i remember a lot of hype around Foo and he seemed to do decently in Stockton but what an odd career move. Perhaps he just wasn't sensing any chance for him to crack the main line up? Better pay? Is the Olympics really a primary motivator?
I'd say all those you listed are equally good motivators. Can't see how it's odd, honestly. NHL spot was nowhere in sight and it's double the pay here.

Regarding Foo, he will take the citizenship for sure, there is no reason for him not to do it and Kunlun gets actual good player that doesn't count as import. Regarding the Olympics though, it remains to be seen if China plays there at all, their NT is making 0 progress.

Pastawithsauce

May 10, 2017
Nichushkin might be on the list soon.

Ignore the tweet and click the link.

What's the link say? I cant read russian but I love the quality of hockey in the KHL. Hope Niskushken gets a 1yr from a new team in the NHL. I think a scenery change will help him a lot

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
See? The wave of players coming back is here as predicted. Mamin, Yakovlev, Ozhiganov, Kiselevich, Soshnikov.

Last edited:
Reactions: vorky

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Also Lehtera, Scherbak and Peter Holland's wife. :sarcasm:
As for Lehterä and Scherbak I meant the recent wave of guys who went to NA. I said back then a lot will come back soon. Scherbak is a different case. Another 1st rounder who developed perfectly... not (in the CHL/AHL). Lehterä has spent quite some time trying too, so he doesn't qualify.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
But how? He was under contract to us before we traded him to NJ? I didn't see termination waivers? (Must have missed it...?)
:huh:
Yeah NJ terminated him

He must've told NSH, "look, I'm going overseas.", to which New Jersey offered, "let's see if we can entice him to stay", hence the nothing trade. But his response was, "thanks for the offer but my mind is set"; mutual termination came on June 28, 5 days after the trade

Last edited:
Reactions: NNCbama

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Since there are usually a lot of NHL free agents moving to the KHL, I thought it would be good to have a thread to keep track on those guys, especially since those transfers are actively being announced already at this point.

So far here is the list of confirmed transactions (unless I've missed any):

Player
From
To
Maxim Mamin​
Florida Panthers​
CSKA Moscow​
Jakub Jerabek​
St. Louis Blues​
Vityaz Podolsk​
Yegor Yakovlev​
New Jersey Devils​
Metallurg Magnitogorsk​
Henrik Haapala​
Florida Panthers​
Jokerit Helsinki​
Igor Ozhiganov​
Toronto Maple Leafs​
Ak Bars Kazan​
Jordan Schroeder​
Chicago Blackhawks​
Torpedo Nizhniy Novgorod​
Peter Holland​
Chicago Blackhawks​
Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg​
Jake Chelios​
Detroit Red Wings​
Kunlun Red Star Beijing​
Harri Sateri​
Detroit Red Wings​
Sibir Novosibirsk​
Corban Knight​
Philadelphia Flyers​
Barys Nur-Sultan​
David Ullstrom​
Arizona Coyotes​
Dinamo Riga​
Lukas Sedlak​
Columbus Blue Jackets​
Traktor Chelyabinsk​
Nikita Soshnikov​
St. Louis Blues​
Salavat Yulayev Ufa​
Libor Sulak​
Detroit Red Wings​
Severstal Cherepovets​
Antti Niemi​
Montreal Canadiens​
Jokerit Helsinki​
Jori Lehtera​
Philadelphia Flyers​
SKA St. Petersburg​
Trevor Murphy​
Anaheim Ducks​
Kunlun Red Star Beijing​
Andrej Sustr​
Anaheim Ducks​
Kunlun Red Star Beijing​
Jeremy Smith​
New York Islanders​
Kunlun Red Star Beijing​
Eddie Pasquale​
Tampa Bay Lightning​
Barys Nur-Sultan​
Brooks Macek​
Vegas Golden Knights​
Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg​
Tomas Hyka​
Vegas Golden Knights​
Traktor Chelyabinsk​
Stefan Elliott​
Ottawa Senators​
Dinamo Minsk​
Spencer Foo​
Calgary Flames​
Kunlun Red Star Beijing​
Nikita Scherbak​
Los Angeles Kings​
Avangard Omsk​
Bogdan Kiselevich​
Winnipeg Jets​
CSKA Moscow​
Zack Mitchell​
Los Angeles Kings​
Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk​
Adam Helewka​
New Jersey Devils​
Barys Nur-Sultan​
Adam Cracknell​
Anaheim Ducks​
Kunlun Red Star Beijing​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

So MM, JJ, YY and HH left?

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
What about Nichushkin? Doubt he'll get another chance in NHL

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Probably because NHL teams have now seen that they’re not actually good enough to become NHL regulars?
Probably because every case is different, but as I stated numerous times NHL teams have to scout better in Russia. Thus my prediction about players coming back in bunches.

Those inexplicable to someone who watches russian hockey decisions like signing Nichushkin to 3+ Mill. after he regressed in the KHL are not on the players.

TysonBarrie

Jun 30, 2018
I think CSKA are not interested, as their roster is full, but Avangard might be.
Your thoughts on Ty Rattie? Always been a really good scorer in the WHL and AHL. Next potential KHL star?
Also, I've tried to research this but found no answers. KHL Rookie of the Year, Ilya Konovalov does he have any interest in playing in North America?

Reactions: uncleben

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Your thoughts on Ty Rattie? Always been a really good scorer in the WHL and AHL. Next potential KHL star?
Also, I've tried to research this but found no answers. KHL Rookie of the Year, Ilya Konovalov does he have any interest in playing in North America?

Highly doubt that, but should be a reliable middle-six guy.

Konovalov has interest, but I think I won't be mistaken if I'll say that this interest is more of a long-term thing.

Reactions: TysonBarrie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad