Confirmed Signing with Link: NHL-to-KHL Free Agent Transfer Thread

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Just checked and really there is nothing official about it at least for now, I trusted eliteprospects, but they only have Eronko as a source for that. I will remove Hyka from the table until there's something more official.

I agree I believe Elite 100%...they don't put something on there unless it's confirmed. Could they have made a mistake? Sure but I think it's just that he wants to concentrate on the cup run and didn't want it out there so soon...maybe I'm the one who's wrong? We'll see in a couple of weeks.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
I agree I believe Elite 100%...they don't put something on there unless it's confirmed. Could they have made a mistake? Sure but I think it's just that he wants to concentrate on the cup run and didn't want it out there so soon...maybe I'm the one who's wrong? We'll see in a couple of weeks.
They put things that are unconfirmed as well, however, they'll typically label it as a rumour, if that's the case.

marciiauzii

Nov 15, 2012
Latvia
Sportsnet in Russia is reporting that the deal for Scherbak has been done for a while just need to wait till July 1st to announce it.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I actually asked Hyka if this was true and he said no,and added that he didnt know where this got started...either its false OR he doesnt want it out because hes focused on the Wolves Calder Cup run.Guess We'll find out in time.

Tomas Hyka to Traktor Chelyabinsk transfer has been officially confirmed now.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
He is going to look even slower on the big ice lmao.
IIHF is moving all its competitions to NHL rink size from next season on.

2 KHL teams (Amur Khabarovsk and Admiral Vladivostok) are already playing on NHL size rinks. Several more are switching next season: Barys Astana (confirmed), SKA St Petersburg, Avtomobilist Ekaterinburg, Avangard Omsk (not confirmed yet).

8 KHL teams are playing on, what they call, "Finnish" size rinks, intermediate between NHL and international ones.

So, it seems that big ice is going to be phased out pretty soon in favor of standard NHL size rinks everywhere.

Reactions: skinnyFAT91

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
Spencer Foo signing with Kunlun is now made official.

So if he decides to come back after 2022, would he have to sign another contract? Or would the Flames hold his rights? I still see a lot of potential in Foo.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
IIHF is moving all its competitions to NHL rink size from next season on.

2 KHL teams (Amur Khabarovsk and Admiral Vladivostok) are already playing on NHL size rinks. Several more are switching next season: Barys Astana (confirmed), SKA St Petersburg, Avtomobilist Ekaterinburg, Avangard Omsk (not confirmed yet).

8 KHL teams are playing on, what they call, "Finnish" size rinks, intermediate between NHL and international ones.

So, it seems that big ice is going to be phased out pretty soon in favor of standard NHL size rinks everywhere.

Hate this idea

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Huh, i remember a lot of hype around Foo and he seemed to do decently in Stockton but what an odd career move. Perhaps he just wasn't sensing any chance for him to crack the main line up? Better pay? Is the Olympics really a primary motivator?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad