News Article: NHL to announce a 2 hub 24 team playoff, Edmonton & Toronto?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Kubalik Toews Caggiula
Nylander Strome Kane
DeBrincat Dach Saad
Smith Carpenter Kampf
Hagel

Keith Boqvist
Maatta Murphy
De Haan Mitchell

Crow
not crow

If CDH is fully healthy again and Mitchell is close to what Musto has advertised, the Hawks might not be in too terrible of shape. Big issue would be likely facing the Blues in a 3 game series, but with such a long hiatus and a full roster, things could get interesting (especially if the Blues underestimate us after sweeping the regular series).

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Azilis

Jan 20, 2013
Rochelle, IL
If CDH is fully healthy again and Mitchell is close to what Musto has advertised, the Hawks might not be in too terrible of shape. Big issue would be likely facing the Blues in a 3 game series, but with such a long hiatus and a full roster, things could get interesting (especially if the Blues underestimate us after sweeping the regular series).
Pretty sure we wouldn't play the Blues. Top 2 teams in each division would get a first round bye. So then you'd have:

St Louis
Colorado

Vegas
Edmonton

Dallas
Winnipeg
Calgary
Vancouver
Nashville
Minnesota
Arizona
Chicago

Who we'd play would depend on how they organize the bottom 8 teams. Vancouver could be ahead of Calgary if it's based on pts %, and Winnipeg could drop a few spots. The most likely first round matchup for us seems to be Dallas. If for some reason we end up crossing over to the pacific division (again, no idea how these matchups would be organized), we could even end up playing Vancouver.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Kubalik Toews Caggiula
Nylander Strome Kane
DeBrincat Dach Saad
Smith Carpenter Kampf
Hagel

Keith Boqvist
Maatta Murphy
De Haan Mitchell

Crow
not crow

You had me sold at crow/not crow goalie tandem. Draw up the documents, I'll sign

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Kubalik Toews Caggiula
Nylander Strome Kane
DeBrincat Dach Saad
Smith Carpenter Kampf
Hagel

Keith Boqvist
Maatta Murphy
De Haan Mitchell

Crow
not crow

Also, I ASSUME Shaw would be cleared and ready to play at this point from his concussion issues. It's been five full months no contact and out since his last game. Figure it will at least reach six months before they're cleared to get back on the ice and practicing. If he's not ready by then it's probably career ending

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Also, I ASSUME Shaw would be cleared and ready to play at this point from his concussion issues. It's been five full months no contact and out since his last game. Figure it will at least reach six months before they're cleared to get back on the ice and practicing. If he's not ready by then it's probably career ending

I've been told he's going to hang the skates up. When stan traded for him, in a span of the previous 15 months he had 2 or so concussions and a neck injury(this is a clinically relevant to tbi, cervical trauma especially affects cognitive function in a lot of ways).

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I've been told he's going to hang the skates up. When stan traded for him, in a span of the previous 15 months he had 2 or so concussions and a neck injury(this is a clinically relevant to tbi, cervical trauma especially affects cognitive function in a lot of ways).

Man that was a bad trade. Please for the love of god, let this be the last "bring the gang back together trade". There's no one else is there?

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Pretty sure he meant that Stan can’t get anything of actual value back, he only brings back the washed out players. Bringing back guys like Leddy or TT is a pipe dream with this GM. Now that Ronald McDonald is gone let’s see what his long leash fans will say when he destroys the team further this offseason.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Yes.

His contract is structured so that he'll burn a year if the season were to continue.

If the season is cancelled, the contract starts next season.
Is it still the case he will HAVE to play? Thats the thing I'm wondering if the Hawks wind up in a 3 game playoff situation but are obligated to play him so that elc burns.

Though I'm sure you have no worries of him being shoed into the lineup

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Is it still the case he will HAVE to play? Thats the thing I'm wondering if the Hawks wind up in a 3 game playoff situation but are
obligated to play him so that elc burns.

Though I'm sure you have no worries
of him being shoed into the lineup

Whether he plays or not the first year will be triggered.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Now that Ronald McDonald is gone let’s see what his long leash fans will say when he destroys the team further this offseason.

“Danny Wirtz must be meddling with hockey operations. This has his fingerprints all over it” :sarcasm:

Reactions: Blackhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad