News Article: NHL to announce a 2 hub 24 team playoff, Edmonton & Toronto?

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
before the break i had oilers to win the west. i dont know what the hell i want now but i know once the games start it will be hawks to win.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Even though embarrassing the Oilers would be fun and hilarious, I want what's best for the team. What's best for the team is losing in the play-in round, no matter how painful. I hope they push it to 5, Boqvist and Dach look studly, and they lose in 2OT or something like that on a McJesus breakaway.

LOL ya wouldn’t it be awesome to lose in a 2nd overtime game 5, you can’t make this stuff up lol

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
There isn’t really a philosophy. I’d just rather watch a Blues series than a Dallas series because I don’t think we get past either of them anyway. Dallas is more boring than the Wild.

Right now it's the Oilers we have to worry about. All things considered, I'd say Hawks got a pretty dam good draw to face Edmonton and I think this team is capable enough to beat 'em.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
What if we get 2015 cyborg Keith back when the NHL resumes? :popcorn:

Why not?!
I would imagine Keith, Toews and Kane are pretty much thinking this might be our last shot at the PO's while we're still viable so let's give'r!!!
The hockey Gods like to see a quiet confidence in the players. Fierce humility. Ata boy Keith!

Reactions: Styles

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Keith is still that way but his offense is like Orpik now compared to the cup years. Only difference. Primed and ready baby. LEGO
Yeah for sure ... so if Keith can just be that primed and ready cyborg rock on the BL and Boqy can step up with some offence than we may be ok.

Reactions: Styles

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Or would squat thrusts be more appropriate?

Strome will never be physical but he needs to be faster and more agile in his skating.

Always wondered if hockey players would be doing explosive chest and shoulder lifts for training to make them stronger along the boards.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Or would squat thrusts be more appropriate?

Strome will never be physical but he needs to be faster and more agile in his skating.
Strome's skating problems have nothing to do with speed. It's more about agility, edge work and acceleration. He's below average to bad at all 3. His speed is average. The problem is that it takes him 2/3 of the ice sheet to get there.

Strome isn't physical because he's liable to get caught out of position due to the above and not recover.

Reactions: BobbyJet

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Not a Bettman fan, but delaying an additional 2 weeks is an excuse?

No, I was saying that choosing an American city will be so much easier when Canada has the stricter rules ...

... but TBH, I'm very afraid that America is falling into the trap and doing exactly what Fauci warned about, opening too soon. This could jeopardize everything including the resumption of sports. The 2-week quarantine period is a minimal precaution that should be an automatic with all the unknowns of this virus.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
No, I was saying that choosing an American city will be so much easier when Canada has the stricter rules ...

... but TBH, I'm very afraid that America is falling into the trap and doing exactly what Fauci warned
about, opening too soon. This could jeopardize everything including the resumption of sports. The 2-week quarantine period is a minimal
precaution that should be an automatic with all the unknowns of this virus.

The NHL should choose Indiana as the Hub city for the east. They don't believe in covid here. Pray it away.

Reactions: Crow

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
:huh:

Illinois reported only 473 new cases and 19 deaths as of today, continuing a declining trend. Thats the least here since March 30th. Illinois is also leading the entire country in decline over the last two weeks...

Illinois cases = 133,016
Indiana cases = 39,146

Illinois population = 12,670,000
Indiana population = 6,732,000

Illinois cases = 1.05% of the population
Indiana cases = 0.5% of the population

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad