Speculation: NHL teams being told Detroit ready to deal

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Word is Chiarelli Is looking for speed and scoring in a hockey trade. I'm hoping we can pry Kelfbom out of Edmonton with Tatar/Nyquist.

Maybe something like Tatar/Nyquist + Ouellet/Jensen for Klefbom ?

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Word is Chiarelli Is looking for speed and scoring in a hockey trade. I'm hoping we can pry Kelfbom out of Edmonton with Tatar/Nyquist.

Maybe something like Tatar/Nyquist + Ouellet/Jensen for Klefbom ?
Maybe he shoudn't have traded Hall?

The Red Wings need draft picks. Not under performing roster players. They have plenty of those already.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Why?

Then we would have the slow player

We can buy low on a dman with upside and a solid contract. I think Klefbom is a quality Dman with a hell of a shot. I see it as an opportunity to upgrade our D with assets that aren't part of our long term plan.

Moreover, I believe he can be a long term option with the next wave of D prospects coming up. A group consisting of Klefbom, Cholowski, Hronek, has good potential. especially with vets like Ericsson, DDK, and Daley eating some of the more difficult minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Winger98
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
From The Athletic mailbag:

"It wasn’t all that long ago that Mike Green was the best defenseman you could pick up at the deadline. Things have changed pretty dramatically on that front."

So again, nearly 4 weeks for the Wings indicating they were ready to start dealing and no trade. There's more supply now which will likely tamp down demand.

Tick tock, Kenny.
Yep. Get ready for a 2nd round pick and a nothing prospect or AHL guy.

Reactions: 21 Savage

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Yeah, if we can grab Klefbom affordably, I'd be all over it. He's had a rough year, but that's why he could be had - much like Faulk was rumored to be on the trade block a few weeks ago.

Something that keeps popping into my head, though. All of these teams looking for speed, always looking for a guy who skates faster...why aren't they looking for players who pass better? Honest question. Is it a quality of ice thing where ice is so bad throughout the league that they don't trust that to be a real option every night? Or is it just easier to find a guy who skates really well than one who passes really well?

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
CBJ fan here.

I posted a Detroit trade proposal on the main trade board.. my first trade proposal ever in the 4.5 years of being on here lol. Let me know what you guys think.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
CBJ fan here.

I posted a Detroit trade proposal on the main trade board.. my first trade proposal ever in the 4.5 years of being on here lol. Let me know what you guys think.
I think it's a fair deal but I just don't think it fits our needs.

I'm not super familiar with Milano so please correct me if I'm wrong, but his ceiling is probably around what Nyquist is now? Maybe a bit higher?

We don't have many trade chips these days and we need them to address our bigger gaps honestly, which is anything but middle six wingers.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Brassard to Pittsburgh for a 1st and some other small pieces. It begins?

Pittsburgh loading up at center. Not so strong at D. Yet they pick up another center.

I do think that losing Hainsey is going to hurt them come playoff time. They will have a healthy Letang most likely, but Hainsey was such a solid anchor back there for them during last year's run. I am curious as to whether they will try to add some depth on the back end.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
Klefbom is butter soft with a 7!!!! year extension. That's one heck of a risk to take on, let alone give up assets for. I mean, add that to Dekeyser's contract and instead you could have signed a superstar player. It's an awful idea imho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad