Speculation: NHL teams being told Detroit ready to deal

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
This is going to be painful tomorrow. Holland is gonna do nothing. Worst case scenario has happened by winning both games this weekend, giving our incompetent GM new sense of false hope towards a playoff push. This team can't do anything right. Prepare to be extremely disappointed tomorrow.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
May be someone can start a TDL GDT to gather our discussions?

Mike Green is a no brainer, I think he's gone today.

As much as I'm dumbfounded at Holland's apparent lack of urgency there is a chance that one (and only one) roster player is traded. Don't forget when we made a splash returning to the East by picking up Alfredsson and Weiss... Holland has a soul (I think? lol). The Smith trade last season was stupendous. I will wait until 3:00 to call for a movement to occupy LCA. :)

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
If Holland doesn't return a 1st for Green, he will once again come up short and fail to do his job. You need to get a 1st rounder for him, play hardball. If he trades Green for anything less than a first round pick before Monday at like 2:45, then he failed. If for whatever reason it's getting close to 3:00, and nobody offers a 1st, then you take what you can get at that point.

I full on expect Ken Holland to fail though. Incoming 3rd round pick and no-name prospect for Green.

If he gets a great prospect id call it a win. That’s pretty much a 1st rounder.

Reactions: kliq

pz29

Jun 18, 2015
There was a long article on some site last year about the "inside" process of the TDL. Multiple GMs were interviewed for it, so it seemed credible. The bottom line was that 90% of the deals are done in the last hour. The ground work for them happens before, but deals are actually closed in the last hour. So, sit tight everyone.

Reactions: jkutswings

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I've lost track of the tweet, but Columbus reportedly offered just a 3rd for Anisimov. The guy definitely isn't having a great year, but that's a meager offer. There was some hope that trades of Nash and Brassard would open the gates a bit, but maybe this is what's really being thrown around behind the scenes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad