League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - COVID Season Edition - Vol. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Get off of Mantha. Particularly with the Carter stuff. Carter has 122 playoff games in his career and 40 goals and 36pts. Mantha has 3 playoffs games and 2 points so far. That he leads the team in shots on goal says a lot.
Not meant to be taken so literal, they’re both big guys with patented accurate shots. When I watch the Pens it always seems Carter is scoring, just mainly comparing him to Mantha because both were acquired at the TDL. Im just hoping Mantha scores tomorrow it will boost his confidence

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Not meant to be taken so literal, they’re both big guys with patented accurate shots. When I watch the Pens it always seems Carter is scoring, just mainly comparing him to Mantha because both were acquired at the TDL. Im just hoping Mantha scores tomorrow it will boost his confidence

In 3 games so far Carter has 3 points and Mantha has 2. The Caps are nowhere without those 2 primary assists. Give it a minute for him to blow the roof off of it. Frankly I am impressed after not playing a game that counts for anything in his NHL career that he isnt crapping his pants.

Jun 15, 2007
I think Perry could have let up but chose not to, knowing everyone would see it as an accident. He kneed him in the head at max power.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Hoping for the best with tavares but my god are leaf fans so childish and petty

Not just the fans. Foligno fighting Perry right after the game resumed?? wtf was that about?
Perry is a POS but there is no way he could have avoided hitting Tavares. It was just a very unlucky sequence of events.

Reactions: Corby78

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Why does every commentator / analyst pronounce his name Cindy Crosby?

I would say it's intentional but Pierre does it and we know all about his fanboi crush....

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Seeing that happen to Tavares is pretty bad and awful to watch. I remember a matinee game when Trent McCleary took a puck to the throat 20 years ago. Scary stuff and I hope he recovers.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Gut check win by them. That is for sure a series that will forever cause hatred among those teams.

Yeah and with Lomberg scoring the OT winner, even better :laugh:
He's been a warrior in this series, hitting everyone and driving the Bolts crazy

Problem is that Barkov is injured. Not sure how serious it is but he played way less in this game. If he's not gonna be 100 percent it's a tough hill to climb

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Yeah and with Lomberg scoring the OT winner, even better :laugh:
He's been a warrior in this series, hitting everyone and driving the Bolts crazy

Problem is that Barkov is injured. Not sure how serious it is but he played way less in this game. If he's not gonna be 100 percent it's a tough hill to climb

If Florida wins this series this will be a historical NHL Playoff game. The fact it was 6-5 and went to OT and Florida was potentially facing being down 3-0 in the series. I do like Lomberg.

Reactions: AussieCapsFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad