League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - COVID Season Edition - Vol. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
McD with a hat trick and an assist. Up to 81 points on the year and 550 for his career.

Needs 19 points in 10 games to reach 100 points on the year.

Career 1.385 points per game.

BTC.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
McD with a hat trick and an assist. Up to 81 points on the year and 550 for his career.

Needs 19 points in 10 games to reach 100 points on the year.

Career 1.385 points per game.

BTC.
Still an amazing numbers but look who he spends most of his games playing. Also if he wants to ever win a cup they better start playing a better overall game in Edmonton. Would love to see them make a run and beat Toronto. This might be his best chance so far in his career.

Jun 15, 2007
McDavid might own the adjusted for era points record one day.

Ovechkin is gunning for the actual goals scored record.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Definitely looking forward to a fresh take on NHL tv coverage. NBC is so meh. The dynamic with all the local Comcast and Fox affiliates will be interesting though. HBOMax and ESPN+ for streaming should be a great upgrade from the current sad NHLtv model.
Turner has certainly done a great job of putting together strong personalities with their NBA crew. Would love for them to do something similar with the NHL. So sick of bland and boring commentary.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I liked when the NHL had games on Versus mid 2000s. Hopefully, the new deal can bring that back. I'm so glad to be rid of NBC.

Reactions: Calicaps

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
While we're at it, I would take Jack Edwards on the new broadcast team just for the drama and trolling he provides. Just no more Edzo, Bouch, and whoever. I would like to watch games without muting them again. We need a time machine to get Irvin Jr, Cole, and Wittman types again.

Reactions: Calicaps

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Not overrated, however he's no Gretzky either. However for point producer he's the best the younger folks can watch until the next great one emerges.
He's all about speed. I really want to see a playoff series where his space gets eaten up before he knows it and we'll see what he's about when nobody gives him chances to run around like he's about to show people triple axel or some. Right now it just looks like teams aren't even trying to stop him leaving him often in 1 on 1 situations on open ice where he just skates around a poor D and fools a goalie who already sees the puck in the net in his mind before it happening because you know.. it's McD. How about trying that bullshit against someone like prime Girardi-Mcdonagh, Chara-Boychuk, Chara-Ference, Doughty-Scuderi pairings and see what happens? This mickey mouse era is so fitting for the guy to play off of his strengths. The stars of late 2000s-early 2010s had not had such luxury.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
HBO being a part of hockey is interesting I really like when they did our winter classic documentary

Also I think they got Bruce fired

I remember Semin eating McDonald’s cheeseburgers in the food court mall after practice hahaha

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
He's all about speed. I really want to see a playoff series where his space gets eaten up before he knows it and we'll see what he's about when nobody gives him chances to run around like he's about to show people triple axel or some. Right now it just looks like teams aren't even trying to stop him leaving him often in 1 on 1 situations on open ice where he just skates around a poor D and fools a goalie who already sees the puck in the net in his mind before it happening because you know.. it's McD. How about trying that bullshit against someone like prime Girardi-Mcdonagh, Chara-Boychuk, Chara-Ference, Doughty-Scuderi pairings and see what happens? This mickey mouse era is so fitting for the guy to play off of his strengths. The stars of late 2000s-early 2010s had not had such luxury.

As a lifelong Caps, Oilers, and Jets fan, I can say McD is a joy to watch and great for nights of double dose hockey for when the Caps eastern games are over. I also agree with you that Edmonton is the darkhorse this year and yes, playoff hockey tightens up drastically. A few years back the Oilers had my current favorite Oiler (Draisatl) step up and have a career playoff. Just having those two in their prime is a filthy lineup. It's hard to say with 80s and early 90s NHL hockey had an effect on #99. Imho, I think a prime Gretzky will produce huge numbers in any era. When he hurt his back during the Canada Cup (I think it was the 91 version) he lost a slight step. I want to say it was Gary Suter who is the culprit for that. Both Gretzky and McDavid have that speed like very few in the NHLer can ever boast. It's just incredible. One of the posters posted earlier in the year of Gretzky winning a spring against other premier athletes of that era and he easily won even though the competition was older. The strange thing about #99 is when you look at him he deceives a person with his physique. Some people are just natural born athletes. Also, consider who Gretzky played with. Kurri, Messier, Anderson, etc all on one team won't happen again thanks to the salary cap. I know one thing, it was a joy to watch those games then and I get goosebumps of those playoff games then. Hell, the game 7 Kings/Leafs series is a classic with an old Gretzky.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
NHL might not be able to play Canada in the final 4 LOL your move Bettmen 14 day delay to play in Canada?

I guess if they just get to the USA they can play all the games here its just going back that will be hard

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
While we're at it, I would take Jack Edwards on the new broadcast team just for the drama and trolling he provides. Just no more Edzo, Bouch, and whoever. I would like to watch games without muting them again. We need a time machine to get Irvin Jr, Cole, and Wittman types again.
I like Bouch a lot. He knows his stuff and adds smart commentary. A lot of the other guys are clowns but he can stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad