League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Joel Edmunson - fancy drop pass playmaker

And now Sammy gives up a pee wee goal

Last edited:

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Don't look now but Samsonov lost his stick on that Marchand go ahead goal :laugh:
If you all remember the movie 'Any Given Sunday', the Washington WR can run like a gazelle, but had no hands. So they put pine tar on his hands so he could catch the ball. Maybe the Leafs goalie coach needs to put pine tar on Sammy's blocker glove so he doesn't lose his goalie stick! Never have I in my years of watching NHL goalies and playing the game, have I seen Sammy/Vanecek lose their goalie sticks so many times. Anakin Skywalker used to lose his lightsaber too many times. Obi-Wan Kenobi would tell him, "your lightsaber is your life!" Someone needs to tell Sammy his goalie stick is his life!

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
There's been a lot of average goaltending in the playoffs so far.

That Edmonton powerplay is lethal

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
There are going to be way too many people on here who will want Marner once he's put on the block this summer.

It doesn't really matter since he has NMC. Leafs owe him a one last chance next season, whether they want it or not, if he wants it.

Now if he refuses to waive that NMC and walks as an UFA the summer after... spicy.

Reactions: Calicaps

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
Tampa is at that stage where they’re almost a great team, but they just aren’t what they used to be. But hey, they won a few cups while they were at their height, a lot of teams can’t say that.

Florida and Carolina seem very strong, deep teams without any clear holes.

Reactions: PlushMinus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad