League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
I guess you mean 6 since 2 haven't played yet, but yes. That's a bit odd.

We'll see how these series go in game 2... last year was crazy.

Game 1 winners:

Lightning (lost the series 2-4)

Boston (lost the series 3-4)

Rangers* (they won game 2 too) (lost their series 2-4)

Minnesota (lost their series 2-4)

Winnipeg (lost their series 1-4)

Los Angeles (lost their series 3-4)

Canes (won their series 4-2)

Seattle (won their series 4-3)

6 of the 8 teams that won their game 1, eventually lost the series. Caps don't need to sweat about the game 2 either just yet either since Rangers choked their 2-0 series lead year ago too, losing 4 in a row.
Yeah, I jumped the gun there. Odd that the league staggered the series starts so much. Agree there's no reason for the Caps to sweat having lost G1.

Reactions: Calicaps

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Even more crazy in the NBA playoffs every home team won this weekend. In the playoffs so far home teams are 14-0 (8-0 NBA 6-0 NHL). And I think the unders were 11-3 as well
NHL totals were 3-3. Bruins, Jets, and Canucks games went over.

I know Minn/Phx went over in NBA (barely), and I think NYK/Phil might have as well.

But yeah, the under were def stronger. Save the Jets/Avs game, anything that went over was just barely.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Wtf are the Sabres doing, Lindy was terrible with the Devils
It's a good question to ask. Ruff had Hasek in his prime when the Sabres made it all the way to the '99 Cup Final against the Dallas Stars. Ruff did coach the Devils into the playoffs last season and they advanced to the 2nd round, so I guess they think Ruff can do that with the Sabres. Quite frankly, the Devils missed this season due to major injuries to their top players and bad goaltending. Sabres don't have Elite Hasek goaltending, but they have a strong up and coming goalie in Lukko Pekka-Luukkonen(oh my his parents needed glasses when they named him!) and a future goalie in Devon Levi. I strongly believe the Sabres will make the playoffs next season, as they have all the pieces in place to be a playoff team. They just need a better coach to direct them. Ruff has that experience over Donato, so we'll see what happens.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Mark Stone’s back? He’s back! With his bad back! And bad spleen!

We love to see it
It's a f***ing travesty isn't it. It actually pisses me off. I hope Dallas destroy them.

I know, it's the cap rules that need changing. But it's still bs.

I do not like the Golden Knights
Nobody does - they have about 3 fans on HF Boards. Their GDT's during the regular season are usually two guys alternating posts and run for about 2 pages.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Isles somehow had a 3-0 lead and blew it badly losing 5-3. They only ended up with 12 shots on goal! I'm sure Patrick Roy is livid! It has been the Isles problem all season long with blowing multi-goal leads in the 3rd period. It's almost like once Trotz left to become the Preds GM, the Isles no longer know how to Turtle right!

You love to see it. I can't stand the Islanders and Roy is an asshat
Roy has actually matured since the last time he coached in the NHL. He was one of my goalie idols and I have a great set of Koho set of equipment that was his signature design on it.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Kind of late on this, coach Montgomery of the Bruins gave the Leafs a lot of life by starting Ullmark in Game 2! Swayman has been a Vezina like goalie against the Leafs and you sit him just to stick with your stupid rotation philosophy! Just absolutely dumb! You had Swayman in the Leafs heads and you let them off the hook! I know a lot of ppl can't stand stand the Leafs and their fans, but I hope this backfires on the Bruins for losing to get the Leafs and thinking they are so good with their goalie rotation!

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Isles somehow had a 3-0 lead and blew it badly losing 5-3. They only ended up with 12 shots on goal! I'm sure Patrick Roy is livid! It has been the Isles problem all season long with blowing multi-goal leads in the 3rd period. It's almost like once Trotz left to become the Preds GM, the Isles no longer know how to Turtle right!

Roy has actually matured since the last time he coached in the NHL. He was one of my goalie idols and I have a great set of Koho set of equipment that was his signature design on it.
I liked and admired Roy as a goalie. Just don't like him as a coach and in particular I really don't like the Isles.

Cool to have the Koho equipment though!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad