League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Austin Matthews is all show in the regular season and nothing in the playoffs. Mysterious injury scratch with Nylander not playing after playing in all 82 games. TV Camera zoomed on Sheldon Keefe multiple times and he looked clueless! This Loafs team needs some F bomb tirades from BB to whip this team into shape! Sheldon Keefe is like Woodcroft was for the Oilers, coaching way over his head.

Reactions: John Price

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
The Leafs have to get tougher
Nah, they need brain transplants so maybe they would have better hockey IQ! Their coach is dumb and so their roster plays dumb! If I was coaching that team, I would put Woll in net as Sammy looks wonky again against the Bruins like he did for us when we lost the series to them 4-1. I would scratch Reaves, as he was completely useless/costly in 7 mins of play. I would chew out Matthews, as he's passing pucks instead of shooting them. He was almost a 70 goal scorer, yet I saw a lack of shooting the puck from him even though he recorded 5 shots on goal. Someone get a Mr Miagi type to do some magic on Nylander and get him back in the lineup for the next game! Team defense, either you play it or get benched! The reason the Caps gave the Bruins so much trouble this season, because they can play as smart and patient as the Bruins can(plus Charlie Lindgren might be the new Holtby against the Bruins!).

I know it was the regular season, but how did the Caps have so much trouble against these Toronto Maple Loafs! They really play dumb and don't know how to play playoff hockey! I would say the Loafs are the Dan Snyder Redskins of the NHL!

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I really do want to feel for the Leafs fans, but then I remind myself of most of the main board posters. Back when we played them in the first round, they mocked the Caps and Caps fans while saying the Cap's era was over and there's was beginning. A lot of them talked about how washed up Ovy was and how he was a regular season performer. Well, here we are in the first round of the NHL playoffs and they are down 1-0 against their version of the Pens. Do they grab their sacks? We shall see. It's nice to be in a position of no pressure and low expectations for a change and watching those who mocked us feel the pain for a change.

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
I really do want to feel for the Leafs fans, but then I remind myself of most of the main board posters. Back when we played them in the first round, they mocked the Caps and Caps fans while saying the Cap's era was over and there's was beginning. A lot of them talked about how washed up Ovy was and how he was a regular season performer. Well, here we are in the first round of the NHL playoffs and they are down 1-0 against their version of the Pens. Do they grab their sacks? We shall see. It's nice to be in a position of no pressure and low expectations for a change and watching those who mocked us feel the pain for a change.
I would feel bad for them if Matthews scored 5 goals less this season. But here we are. Wishing many more years of pain for them. Ps used to root for leafs when i started watching hockey.

Reactions: Calicaps

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Probably the best IRT Kuzy. If hockey doesn't make you happy move on. Don't make yourself miserable while simultaneously wasting peoples time and money. Maybe some day somebody will do a 30for30 or something. From the KHL drama all the way to today, its been an odd career.

Reactions: PlushMinus
Sep 19, 2008
lmfao I just keep hearing the same song in my head over and over again...

certain as the sun
rises in the east
tale as old as time
song as old as rhyme
playoffs and the leafs
1713698981894.jpeg

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Lovely anthem singer for the Panthers. The worst rendition I can recall hearing this century. I wonder whose daughter she is.

• Haha
Reactions: Calicaps

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Let's go Preds! I've always liked them, I think it's because of Trotz.

Would love to see them knock out the Canucks.

Of course now I've publicly mentioned it they will likely lose.

Edit: goddamnit they lost. This is why I can't ever predict stuff. effing cursed

Last edited:

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Dakota Joshua 3-point night, including the game-winner.

That's unfortunate. He is one very interesting UFA to follow. Sort of a Tom Wilson (current one, not the 50-point one) -lite. He's kind of a boom-or-bust type though given he's had a huge career year and has only really been an NHL'er for 2 seasons. I think he would have been an intriguing addition even if slightly overpaid given how physical he is, but with a good Playoffs here his contract is likely trending into 'unbearable' -territory as i can see him asking for a lot of term. You'd think Canucks would love to keep him too if he does well in the Playoffs.

Reactions: PlushMinus

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Looks like each of the 8 top seeds won their first game. Not sure how often that happens but considering the frequent upsets it can't be very common.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Looks like each of the 8 top seeds won their first game. Not sure how often that happens but considering the frequent upsets it can't be very common.

I guess you mean 6 since 2 haven't played yet, but yes. That's a bit odd.

We'll see how these series go in game 2... last year was crazy.

Game 1 winners:

Lightning (lost the series 2-4)

Boston (lost the series 3-4)

Rangers* (they won game 2 too) (lost their series 2-4)

Minnesota (lost their series 2-4)

Winnipeg (lost their series 1-4)

Los Angeles (lost their series 3-4)

Canes (won their series 4-2)

Seattle (won their series 4-3)

6 of the 8 teams that won their game 1, eventually lost the series. Caps don't need to sweat about the game 2 either just yet either since Rangers choked their 2-0 series lead year ago too, losing 4 in a row.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Even more crazy in the NBA playoffs every home team won this weekend. In the playoffs so far home teams are 14-0 (8-0 NBA 6-0 NHL). And I think the unders were 11-3 as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad