League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Look at the joined dates. And that is not even accurate since some of us OGs were around in the previous version HFboards that didn't carry over a joined date.

Have to say how much a site that was for mostly NHL draftniks was just an amazing discovery at the time.
Yep. Exactly. The earlier site. We moved over after the migration. That’s why I say 25+ years — I cannot even remember when I started. It was a good bit before the Jagr trade, and that was what….1999?

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
and many of us communicated on other forums before hf... official boards? sparrows icq?
Yep. The official boards. Can’t forgot those. Most of us got banned because we shit talked about the direction of the team (or Ted), and we emailed Ted back in the days he took emails.

So Caps will get a pissed off Jets team tomorrow.
Of course we will. That’s how this season has rolled. And an angry Hellybuck. Sigh

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Yep. The official boards. Can’t forgot those. Most of us got banned because we shit talked about the direction of the team (or Ted), and we emailed Ted back in the days he took emails.

Of course we will. That’s how this season has rolled. And an angry Hellybuck. Sigh

I was on the official boards and lurked here on HF for years. Remember Sparrow's chat and was on the Bumper Boards for years.

I was invited to that infamous dinner Ted threw for most of the vocal posters on the old boards, but didn't go.

Things changed the most when the NHL took over managing all team boards and merged user accounts. Soon after that, a lot of us left.

The funny thing is, 20+ years ago the line on HF among posters on other boards was this place was full of know-it-all assholes who would flame any n00b.

We don't have anyone like that here. No sir.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Wish I could confirm when I joined HF….feels like 2000 or 2001’sh…pre-conversion…

Hated the Caps official boards….what a cess pool. Always found HF to have better balance because fans of all teams participate, and you had exposure to some really knowledgeable people from Canada and Europe…

Reactions: usiel

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
I was on the official boards and lurked here on HF for years. Remember Sparrow's chat and was on the Bumper Boards for years.

I was invited to that infamous dinner Ted threw for most of the vocal posters on the old boards, but didn't go.

Things changed the most when the NHL took over managing all team boards and merged user accounts. Soon after that, a lot of us left.

The funny thing is, 20+ years ago the line on HF among posters on other boards was this place was full of know-it-all assholes who would flame any n00b.

Wait.. what? TBM’s Last Stand, as it was posthumously referred to, you were invited to that? I wasn’t, but I knew personally all the participants.

Wish I could confirm when I joined HF….feels like 2000 or 2001’sh…pre-conversion…

Hated the Caps official boards….what a cess pool. Always found HF to have better balance because fans of all teams participate, and you had exposure to some really knowledgeable people from Canada and Europe…

The original caps boards and espn back then were pure gold.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

there was also the short-lived network25 or whatever that was that horn guy set up at one point.

TheSmokingMan

Nov 20, 2006
Maryland

I guess it's been about 25 years for me on various forums. Started out on the official boards (during the good old days) and then moved to HF and the Bumperboards (now defunct) when the officials took a nose dive. I'm not a prolific poster. More of a lurker, but I've always tried to contribute every now and again.

I think we have a collection of interesting posters here and I enjoy reading your thoughts every day. Even the one's I don't agree with. Keep them coming! I don't want to see this place disappear like so many forums before it.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Was on the Caps boards for a bit way back when, but lurked here for a few years before actually creating an account which was mostly motivated to use the ignore function for one specific poster who rarely posts here anymore. haha

Find myself lurking the reddit boards lately.

ps Think there's another msg board where some of the former Cap board people congregate now...do usernames Mick and Lily ring a bell?

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
1711237061060.png

1 point back with 2 games in hand

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Wait.. what? TBM’s Last Stand, as it was posthumously referred to, you were invited to that? I wasn’t, but I knew personally all the participants.

The original caps boards and espn back then were pure gold.

I stopped using message boards for a bit when ESPN boards died. The official Caps site sucked.

Reactions: Calicaps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad