League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2021-22 season, Vol. 3, Playoffs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
BURKY!
1656299304349.png

Burky raises the Cup before Rantanan, Kuemper, Nichuskin, or Makar :biglaugh:

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Darcy Kuemper finishes the playoffs with a cool .901 save percentage.

Maybe the least reliant a winning team has been on their goaltender since…Niemi? Osgood?

Reactions: IvanMalison

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
funny you can win with less than ideal goalie

also thought caps aren't near this level and expecting the cup in the ovi era is unrealistic

so 895 plus some playoff revenue is quite good actually

hard to see GMBM magically fix everything

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Yeah, I LOLed when I saw that live.

Also -- he's not wrong. Makar is a freaking unicorn.
He’s a freak. I don’t think he’s flawless in his own end and his (warranted) confidence with the puck gets him in trouble some times but he’s phenomenal.

Separately, and not to belabor the point I made before, but I’ve enjoyed playoff hockey a lot more since 2018. It’s been fun watching teams from other conferences and getting to watch players regularly that I don’t always get to watch. Before 2018 I couldn’t stomach watching playoff hockey after the Caps flamed out. Now? Sucks for a bit but I still watch hockey the next night and enjoy it.

Last edited:

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
He’s a freak. I don’t think he’s flawless in his own end and his (warranted) confidence with the puck gets him in trouble some times but he’s phenomenal.

Separately, and not to belabor the point I made before, but I’ve enjoyed playoff hockey a lot more since 2018. It’s been fun watching teams from other conferences and getting to watch players regularly that I don’t always get to watch. Before 2018 I couldn’t stomach watching playoff hockey after the Caps flames out. Now? Sucks for a bit but I still watch hockey the next night and enjoy it.
I feel exactly the same. Can you even imagine what it would be like being in 2022 and still no cup. Yikes.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Best finals since before Covid. Would have been better with Point playing.

I expect both teams to return to the finals at some point, maybe against each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad