League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2021-22 season, Vol. 3, Playoffs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
If I were a Tampa fan I’m still not worried until they lose a game at home. They’re too good and too well coached to call this series over yet.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
If I were a Tampa fan I’m still not worried until they lose a game at home. They’re too good and too well coached to call this series over yet.
But the Avs haven't lost an away game the entire playoffs. And they have home ice advantage. So the Bolts can win all 3 of their games at home and still lose :laugh:

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

The best guy available after an exhaustive search of all potential candidates. There are only 40 head coaches in the world. Cannot dare go outside of the club.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
People with skin in the game don't routinely stick their necks out for unknowns if it's avoidable or unless there are special candidates. News at 11.

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
Going to be funny if Tampa loses and then everyone tells them this proves their other Cups aren’t real Cups. 2020 was the bubble and last year was an abbreviated season with no out of division games and the play-in. My neighbor is a big Tampa fan and is already dreading it.
Oh no. An internet troll will say my teams two cups in a row dont count. Wish i had your friends problems.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Bura = Lightning killer.

Great. We gave up Bura, and got Mojo instead. Double whammy.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Val Nichushkin is adding millions to his bank account with this performance.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Tampa is too good to count out until they are on the losing end of the handshake line.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yawn…..someone give me a close game…..

Val Nichushkin is adding millions to his bank account with this performance.
I don’t think you can polish his balls any more…lol…

Curious what you would offer him on the longterm deal he’s likely going to sign?

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Tampa is too good to count out until they are on the losing end of the handshake line.
And plenty of kudos to Cooper and the coaching staff. I think they play a huge role.

I don't like the Bolts but I hate this idiotic narrative that the Cups they won were easier than others and they have finally run into a real competitor.
30 other teams around the league played in the exact same covid paused and then covid shortened seasons and they couldn't win a Cup. For the Bolts to be in the finals again and looking like the series will be 2-1 after this game is a heck of an accomplishment.

That said - I hope they lose the next two games.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I don’t think you can polish his balls any more…lol…

Curious what you would offer him on the longterm deal he’s likely going to sign?

In a vacuum I’d be comfortable giving him $7 million a year. He’s such a good facilitator of offense and defense and he improves the impact of skilled players. He’d fit like a glove on Ovie’s opposite wing IMO.

Washington has other needs like a center and goaltender that they need to address first, but if they address those positions and have the space they really should target Nichushkin to further bolster the top 6. Jesse Puljujarvi is another cheaper option that could fill that role of top 6 facilitator, though he’d need to be acquired in a trade and maybe isn’t quite as impactful as Nichushkin.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
In a vacuum I’d be comfortable giving him $7 million a year. He’s such a good facilitator of offense and defense and he improves the impact of skilled players. He’d fit like a glove on Ovie’s opposite wing IMO.

Washington has other needs like a center and goaltender that they need to address first, but if they address those positions and have the space they really should target Nichushkin to further bolster the top 6. Jesse Puljujarvi is another cheaper option that could fill that role of top 6 facilitator, though he’d need to be acquired in a trade and maybe isn’t quite as impactful as Nichushkin.
For some reason I was thinking 7 per also on the open market (not what I would pay him)….so 7*7…..seems like a lot of coin for one 25g 52 pt season where he shot his career best shooting percentage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad