League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2021-22 season, Vol. 3, Playoffs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Someone is going to be seriously injured if these refs and NHL don’t get their shit together in Canes/Bs.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
These early games stink tonight. Looking forward to refreshing the spreadsheets for LA/EDM in a few minutes

Jun 15, 2007
just listened to the Jack Edwards commentary on the Svechnikov hit. Lol. Now I'm rooting for the canes to win this series.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
These early games stink tonight. Looking forward to refreshing the spreadsheets for LA/EDM in a few minutes
In other news, I saw an article stating that the "NFT market is dead" so you'll need to find a new money making venture :laugh:

On the bright side it will free up more time so you can actually watch the games! ;)

Reactions: twabby

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
The high scoring continues into the playoffs. Every winner last night had at least 5 goals.

Jun 15, 2007
I know we dodged a bullet with Ribeiro but that bullet was way way bigger than we realized at the time. We dodged a torpedo.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Edwards sucks, but unless there's a better angle, that looks like pure headshot to me. People would be screeching for Wilson to be suspended for life.
Uh, you need yo check your vision and not other camera angles.

What people would say about Wilson doing anything is irrelevant. They need a new word for bias considering how deep in people’s brain he is.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I know we dodged a bullet with Ribeiro but that bullet was way way bigger than we realized at the time. We dodged a torpedo.
Yeah I saw the latest on him. Charged with two separate sexual assaults in Texas. He’s either a dirt bag, mentally sick, or both but he’s a danger to others and I hope he gets the help he needs.

Reactions: Hivemind

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
Uh, you need yo check your vision and not other camera angles.

What people would say about Wilson doing anything is irrelevant. They need a new word for bias considering how deep in people’s brain he is.
Nope, I saw another angle. Definitely a headshot.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Watching the goaltending in the Preds-Avs series just highlights how utterly incompetent BM has been in the area of goaltending. He was fortunate to inherit Holtby and Grubauer. Ingram is better than anyone we have, let alone Soros.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
But also how poorly Scott Murray looks at such repeated and routine poor technique. I'm sure they'll throw assets and money at the problem in the off-season via player acquisitions but this level of ineffective development doesn't bode well in the bigger picture. Some pupils are more receptive than others, quicker studies, have better instincts and the like but at some point you need a presence that's more effective in maximizing what's available to them.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
But also how poorly Scott Murray looks at such repeated and routine poor technique. I'm sure they'll throw assets and money at the problem in the off-season via player acquisitions but this level of ineffective development doesn't bode well in the bigger picture. Some pupils are more receptive than others, quicker studies, have better instincts and the like but at some point you need a presence that's more effective in maximizing what's available to them.
Limited talents is what they are…..get us a real starter.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
That's a bit of a cop-out. Both were relatively high picks. Samsonov in particular was very heralded in his draft year. It just doesn't look good having two goaltenders that have basically not really progressed from a details standpoint. At other positions maybe you can get away with it. Not there.

If Murray had any kind of prior pedigree I might give him the benefit of the doubt but he doesn't really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad