League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2021-2 Regular Season Edition, Vol. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Schiefele would be interesting but...how do you get rid of the Backstrom deadweight? We are pretty much stuck with this core for better or worse.

You get rid of the other dead weight. Schultz and Kempny are off the books. Hagelin might be LTIR. If not, dump him too. Eller would have to go.

The salary cap should not be an obstacle to upgrading the roster. They can get creative.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I actually think this Carolina/Boston game is the kind of game Washington is going to need. Boston is skating circles around the Hurricanes and almost doubling them up in shots but the Canes have been very opportunistic, especially on the counter, and their goaltending has been solid. Boston reasonably should have scored at least four in this game — they hit a few posts and a few went through Raanta and were cleared off the goal line.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Watching teams like Tampa Bay and Vegas make a complete mockery of the salary cap, I'm less inclined to care about it when it comes to star players. They should still be thrifty and spend wisely when it comes to secondary players and depth slots, but it's become obvious you can find ways to circumvent the cap to fit the big key players you need.

Reactions: twabby

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
ESPN cutting away from the brawl is great production!
Post automatically merged:

Can’t say enough bad things about the production for this Lightning-Leafs game. Abrupt transitions that cut away from game play and god awful audio. Everything sucks about it

Jun 15, 2007
We can get Schiefele as long as Backstrom agrees to get hip surgery that will conveniently keep him out for 82 games only.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Boy did Toronto embarrass the Lightning. Bolts look Turrible. Makes our PP look incredible!

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Plenty of clownish goaltending tonight. Mike Smith is always good for a laugh!

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
I was really excited about MIN/STL but wow are the Blues head and shoulders above the Wild. I think that one goes 5, and I really like the Blues against COL/CGY.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Fun 1st night,
I'd like to say a heartfelt F-U! to xfinity for not extending the DVR recording for EDM/LAK, cut out with 8+mins left in 3rd (thankfully nhl66 remedied that this morning)

TOR/TBL - domination, speed, everything Leafs could've asked for; getting Marner off the snide, AM w/2, made TB look bad, tired and slow, esp on PP

BOS/CAR - physical, pretty even thru 40, CAR slowly got better all game long; Bergeron/Marchand were mostly invisible, Hall was best BOS fwd

STL/MIN - tight game thru 40, STL was fortunate to pot their goals, MIN was unlucky, 3rd pd was boring/effective/shut it down hockey execution by STL

EDM/LAK - fast and wide open, tons of chances, first 40 showed EDM's D flaws, but McD/Drai/PP can keep them in and come back; good job LA keeping up all game, Quick was great

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Can we talk about this?

Disgraceful play, no clue how it wasn't a suspension. A fine for this is a joke.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Can we talk about this?

Disgraceful play, no clue how it wasn't a suspension. A fine for this is a joke.

Same reason that a clear Rango headshot was reviewed and only was called for a 2 minute “Roughing”. Ya know, the penalty that is literally for forceable contact to a player’s face.

Reactions: searle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad