League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2021-2 Regular Season Edition, Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
1636289984129317461.gif

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

This is related to the other sexual assault scandal in the NHL. I hope the settlement was enormous, because the NHL and the Penguins could hardly afford another scandal after the Chicago scandal and had a big incentive to settle rather than for it to drag out in public.

On a related note, Bill Guerin is still the GM of Team USA for the upcoming Olympics. I think I'm going to be rooting for the Russian Olympic Committee this winter.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Guerin is under investigation. The Blackhawk mess was fully investigated and the penalties were not delivered until after the investigation was delivered. Bowman was GM until that report was delivered.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

This is related to the other sexual assault scandal in the NHL. I hope the settlement was enormous, because the NHL and the Penguins could hardly afford another scandal after the Chicago scandal and had a big incentive to settle rather than for it to drag out in public.

On a related note, Bill Guerin is still the GM of Team USA for the upcoming Olympics. I think I'm going to be rooting for the Russian Olympic Committee this winter.

probably a waive of the hand and a few mil to make trouble vanish….

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond

Goes to show that they didn't care for it and thought they could just make it go away with time. Only started to take it seriously once they saw the reaction to the Kyle Beach story. And when sponsors started getting uncomfortable, that's the moment Pittsburgh and probably the NHL were willing to get out the checkbook and make it go away. Something they probably could have done years ago of course, but sexual assault didn't matter then!

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Goes to show that they didn't care for it and thought they could just make it go away with time. Only started to take it seriously once they saw the reaction to the Kyle Beach story. And when sponsors started getting uncomfortable, that's the moment Pittsburgh and probably the NHL were willing to get out the checkbook and make it go away. Something they probably could have done years ago of course, but sexual assault didn't matter then!
Goes to show that you don’t put your wife in the back seat of a cab w a drunk guy. Doesn’t matter who they are. Family above everything.

Freaking idiot. Park your wife next to you. Someone has a problem with it, then take another cab.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Poked my head into the Habs board to see what the scuttlebutt on Price was, Christ Almighty what a miserable bunch. They’re complaining because he’s not being made available to the media as he returns from rehab. Seems like a lot are ready to trade him, too bad there is crazy term because I’d take him at 50% retained.

Reactions: max21

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Goes to show that you don’t put your wife in the back seat of a cab w a drunk guy. Doesn’t matter who they are. Family above everything.

Freaking idiot. Park your wife next to you. Someone has a problem with it, then take another cab.
Yes the takeaway from this is to always keep your wife by your side and never let them do anything without your strict supervision. In fact, why let them leave the house at all!?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yes the takeaway from this is to always keep your wife by your side and never let them do anything without your strict supervision. In fact, why let them leave the house at all!?

wow way to take something and run the completely wrong way with it.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
You do realize that he was in the front seat of the cab, and she and the coach were in the back seat.

this isn’t about trusting your wife (and I am very trusting of mine), it’s about not trusting idiot drunk men.

I assume you know the story?

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Wow way to fail to understand power dynamics when it comes to sexual assault
Her husband was in the front seat. If he was that bombed, that in and of itself is a problem.

ok, I’m old school. When I’m out with ANY of my family (wife and 3 kids under 9), I have my head on a swivel for predators of any type….especially at night and in places where people have been drinking. That’s part of my role. Again, has ZERO to do w trust of my loved ones, but being aware there are lots of shitty people on the planet.

but I’m again, I must be too old school.

my wife goes out all the time w her friends, socially at night. They all help to take care of each other, from what I understand. In case. I’m not even sure what the hell you are talking about?

but keep on keeping on bud

Last edited:
Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

the blame is in all the wrong places here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad