League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2020 Offseason Edition - Vol. 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Well. Ppl's health should come first.
Even if Ovi loses another season and ends up at 800+ goals - thats not bad at all.

And most of us know he would break the record if not for lockouts and pandemics. 800 goals despite all the roadblocks is indeed beyond impressive.

Reactions: searle

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
It’s cool hockey’s back - but playing the same 7 teams is super lame. Especially when our division is prob toughest in hockey.

Still hoping for a good caps run - and I’ll watch every game - but thank god they’re not charging for season tix anymore and we are on hold/credited until next season.

Is what it is. Could be upset about a lot more things I guess - and at least we will have hockey again.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
One thing I’m looking forward to, considering playing same teams more frequently, is for tempers to flare.

back in the landline era....rivalries really heated up under those conditions, especially in the playoffs. Remember that schedule quirk the nhl long since eliminated, the home and home w/i 24 hours?? I do, and they were fun.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
One thing I’m looking forward to, considering playing same teams more frequently, is for tempers to flare.

back in the landline era....rivalries really heated up under those conditions, especially in the playoffs. Remember that schedule quirk the nhl long since eliminated, the home and home w/i 24 hours?? I do, and they were fun.

Ohhhhh helllllllll yes. When I see complaints about playing the same teams, I think people don’t realize how much bad blood could be brewing....it’s going to be great after the 3rd or 4th game against some teams.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
The flyers moved, or are trying to, Morin to wing. Since he cannot play D, but can fight, he’s gonna be the sacrificial lamb for wilson.

Reactions: tenken00

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The flyers moved, or are trying to, Morin to wing. Since he cannot play D, but can fight, he’s gonna be the sacrificial lamb for wilson.
I think that's more of just trying to see if they can do anything to salvage his career after the constant injuries have derailed his development. They're loaded with defense prospects, so even if he managed to stay healthy he's going to have a tough him carving out a spot on their blueline. Turn him into a Dustin Byfuglien if they can, although they're more likely to get a 6'7" net screener who can't do much else.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
I think that's more of just trying to see if they can do anything to salvage his career after the constant injuries have derailed his development. They're loaded with defense prospects, so even if he managed to stay healthy he's going to have a tough him carving out a spot on their blueline. Turn him into a Dustin Byfuglien if they can, although they're more likely to get a 6'7" net screener who can't do much else.

I was kinda aware of his health/injury issues. Just reading my flyer bored lately and they’re all up in arms over it - the move to wing. One amusing comment...oh well, at least he can fight, I’m sick of seeing wilson have his way with us.

lol

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I was kinda aware of his health/injury issues. Just reading my flyer bored lately and they’re all up in arms over it - the move to wing. One amusing comment...oh well, at least he can fight, I’m sick of seeing wilson have his way with us.

lol

Whoever posted that is pretty delusional. I'd rate Morin's chances of making the Flyers everyday roster at under 20%, regardless of position. He's skating with their B team (which is Couturier + AHL players) in camp right now. With Lindblom back and playing hockey again, they don't really have an open LW spot, and even if they do, guys like Morgan Frost and Nolan Patrick are more appealing than Morin. Maybe Morin can leapfrog Carsen Twarynski to sneak in as a healthy scratch or taxi squad if he adapts to LW quickly, and even then he's competing against other prospects in the Flyers org who just turned NA pro. It would be even worse on defense, where he'd have to contend with their 7 pretty set defensemen plus Friedman, Zamula, and eventually Cam York.

So Big Willy won't have much to worry about on the Flyers roster in terms of fighting. No more Gudas, Simmonds, Manning, or even Chris Stewart. Flyers are definitely more of a speed & skill team now, which probably rubs some Broad Street Bullies fans the wrong way.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Meh it’s going to happen a few times this season. Look at the NFL as a prime example. Contact sport with large roster and staff sizes mean more chances to catch COVID-19. Better it happen now than close to playoff time if it’s going to happen

Reactions: Corby78

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Ladies and Gentlemen...

I give you..... Texas!

I expect between them and the 2 Florida teams, the league will need to cater to their “outbreaks” all season.

your fascination with states is amazing. You did the same thing with the NFL completely ignoring facts like “where the players actually were.” The teams will follow league rules or I’m sure there are consequences.

besides the worst team in the nfl season was Baltimore, so maybe it’s Maryland we need to be careful of???

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
your fascination with states is amazing. You did the same thing with the NFL completely ignoring facts like “where the players actually were.” The teams will follow league rules or I’m sure there are consequences.

besides the worst team in the nfl season was Baltimore, so maybe it’s Maryland we need to be careful of???
If I commented on the NFL, I certainly don’t recall it. But perhaps I did.

Fascination is a strange word to use....however that’s ok.

Texas and Florida are notorious for being “cavalier” with COVID rules. So regardless, of NHL rules, the people that the players are “around” on a daily basis are not as cautious in some states over others.

If you don’t understand that piece, then we can agree to disagree.

crab

Jan 26, 2019

Especially considering the Capitals current lineup. It’s a lot tougher than most opponents in the division.

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Anyone have a CSV of the schedule with times on it?

As a Brit it's always challenging to watch games so it's nice to adjust time difference and then add all the early games to my calendar en masse

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Anyone have a CSV of the schedule with times on it?

As a Brit it's always challenging to watch games so it's nice to adjust time difference and then add all the early games to my calendar en masse
Yeah, here it is
upload_2021-1-9_6-26-50.jpeg

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Yeah I saw that, hoping there's a spreadsheet for all NHL games this season somewhere to save me typing it all up!

Thanks though, good few caps games I'll be watching this year - hopefully new coach stops the caps sleepwalking through noon games, every time I get friends/girlfriends to watch the caps they suck

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Will pop this here as well:

I hope they've built a buffer between the end of the regular season and the start of the playoffs, because there are going to be a lot of make-up games to schedule across multiple teams this season.

This is the part I don't quite understand about the taxi squad situation – realistically if a single player tested positive, he will have been in such close contact with the rest of the team there's no way they'd have NHLers available because of quarantine and multiple-negative-test rules (as Dallas is seeing now). And that's assuming no-one else is infected.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Yeah I saw that, hoping there's a spreadsheet for all NHL games this season somewhere to save me typing it all up!

Thanks though, good few caps games I'll be watching this year - hopefully new coach stops the caps sleepwalking through noon games, every time I get friends/girlfriends to watch the caps they suck

Copy and paste this

DATEOPPONENTTIMETVTICKETS
Thu, Jan 14@Buffalo7:00 PM
Fri, Jan 15@Buffalo7:00 PM
Sun, Jan 17@Pittsburgh12:00 PMNBC
Tue, Jan 19@Pittsburgh7:00 PMNBCSN
Fri, Jan 22vsBuffalo7:00 PM
Sun, Jan 24vsBuffalo7:00 PM
Tue, Jan 26vsNew York7:00 PMNBCSN
Thu, Jan 28vsNew York7:00 PM
Sat, Jan 30vsBoston7:00 PM
Mon, Feb 1vsBoston7:00 PM