League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2020 Bubble Hockey Edition - Vol. 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I don't like any of the players on their roster, I find them extremely frustrating and boring to watch, and the way their fans acted when Tavares left was spiteful and childish. And now their fans are acting as if the joke's on
Tavares for leaving and their team is better for him not being on it (which is absurd).

And for the record, it has nothing to do with Trotz, who I like as a coach and who seems like a really good guy.
I don't mind most of their players. Most of them are hard working players at both ends of the ice. Only one or two offense only players.

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Don't know about him, but for me, pretty much the whole late 1970s.
Because they were winning cups?
They had some very good teams and some very good players. I had a lot of respect for Trotter, Gillis and even Potvin before he took out Gustafsson.
Hated Billy Smith though.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
All the Islanders forwards have the motor rate, responsibility, and detail awareness of Jay Beagle, along with, for a fair number of them, more skill.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Because they were winning cups?
They had some very good teams and some very good players. I had a lot of respect for Trotter, Gillis and even Potvin before he took out Gustafsson.
Hated Billy Smith though.
I spent my early childhood having my heart broken by them on the regular.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I don't mind most of their players. Most of them are hard working players at both ends of the ice. Only one or two offense only players.

Well yeah - they are a meat and potatoes kind of team. As a fan of the sport I prefer teams that have a few star players because it makes for more enjoyable viewing.

I'd actually like to see our own team become younger, faster, and more exciting to watch. If Kuzy could play as we know he is capable of playing, if Vrana could find his spark, I think we'd see some of that again. Wrong thread for this convo but I really hope some of the young players get roster spots next season. Maybe it will depend on who we get as a coach.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Flyers might want to try something other than skating the puck into the zone on the right side. Is that intentional?

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
They got the rights to negotiate with him when he was a pending UFA. A 5th-rounder is a normal price for that. Winnipeg had traded a 1st to get him for actual games.
Thanks we definitely didn’t have the cap space for that type of trade.

Flyers got Hayes and Nisky for Gudas and a 5th wow

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
So if berry blows a 3-1 lead in the second round, did we still blow it by not giving him 5 years????

“drops grenade and backs out of room”...

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Great to see the teams who really wanted to win a Cup are playing their hearts out in these series.
Or at least giving enough f*cks to make their fanbases proud of them ;)

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Great to see Vegas struggling

Edit: I mean 50 shots on goal isn't exactly struggling but good to have them doubting themselves and up against adversity. And now they'll have a goaltending decision to make for game 7, but would almost certainly need to stick with Lehner I imagine.

As for Vancouver - nice to have two goalies playing to the best of their ability.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad