Confirmed with Link: NHL signs 12-year TV, Internet deal with Rogers | 22 Habs Games on TVA/TVA Sport

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
240x196px-LL-e66ddef6_reverse-1253886001_office-no.gif

Thinking I have to watch Habs games with Langevin and Pednault makes me want to puke.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Rogers controls all Canadian Broadcasting rights . They are sub licensing Saturday night games to HNIC.

Beginning of the end for CBC and TSN.

Ok Sportsnet get Duthie and Mckenzie locked up.

ymenard

Dec 29, 2006
Well for those with "a-la-carte" (= more and more people), this mostly means taking TSN out of the package, and adding TVA Sports. Let's just wait and see if RDS is expendable or not.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Funny I was reading a story about CBC having inside track on the rights for a whopping 200M then got an alert on my phone that Rogers closed the deal for more than double that. Things must have changed quickly.

Rogers can put a Canadian game directly in competition with HNIC so maybe more English language interests will be served .

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Houde is one of the best play-by-play guy in the league. TVA's analysts and p-b-p guys all suck. What the hell. This suck.

PricePkPatch*

I say its a good thing. It will recreate a healthy competition for the Habs' games broadcasting. I didn't care for the mono-diffuser model employed by RDS and Bell for the past years.

sventington

Sep 18, 2013
no more "et le buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut" de Houde.... :(

I had completely abandoned English Habs games in large part due to that call :cry:

It is so satisfying. I have never experienced TVA before, I don't know if it is even available up here...

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I wonder how bell lost in the negotiations, to now have nothing..

did they not value the nhl? we're not making enough? I mean, they bought a song for a million.

Anyways, I like the more professional atmosphere on sportsnet and cbc. I hope cbc starts to show more games, and helps expand their industry because of all the cuts in the pass.

havok78

Jan 3, 2009
Montreal
I heard on the radio from Alain Crete that the 60 other Habs games belong to the Canadiens, and suggest that maybe they will create their own channel like the Leafs unless RDS ETC offer big money....THAT would be good.

PricePkPatch*

What concerns me the most is the availability of Habs games on Radio-Canada. It's a damn shame that people can't watch the Habs without a cable access in Quebec.

i hope they get at least 10 games per season.

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
Saturday night is remaining Hockey Night in Canada on CBC.

The NHL confirmed Tuesday that CBC has secured English-language rights to games in a sub-licensing agreement with Rogers Communications.

The 12-year, $5.2-billion deal through 2025-26 between the NHL and Rogers is the largest media rights agreement in league history and subject to approval by its board of governors at a meeting in Pebble Beach, Calif., on Dec. 9-10.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/cbc-partners-with-rogers-in-landmark-nhl-rights-deal-1.2440326

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
I wonder how bell lost in the negotiations, to now have nothing..

did they not value the nhl? we're not making enough? I mean, they bought a song for a million.

Anyways, I like the more professional atmosphere on sportsnet and cbc. I hope cbc starts to show more games, and helps expand their industry because of all the cuts in the pass.

CBC only did a side deal with Rogers for HNIC, that's all.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Sportsnet & TVASports vs TSN & RDS.

This proves to me that Bettman cares only about the immediate cash and doesn't want to grow the game.

Sportsnet is a &^%$* mickey mouse operation. They have terrible announcers, terrible analysts & third world production values. A crap net. TSN really improved the production values. I don't understand this short sighted move that by moron commissioner.

As for TVA vs RDS. The difference isn't as big as Sportsnet & TSN but RDS is still a far superior network.

Man, what a terrible move from the fans' point of view.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad