Confirmed with Link: NHL signs 12-year TV, Internet deal with Rogers | 22 Habs Games on TVA/TVA Sport

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I'm all for Bell losing their rights. **** them.

As for the games, I could care less who the broadcasters are. I just want to watch every Habs game, every season. That's all I care about.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I'm reading conflicting news. I don't understand. Will RDS still show habs games? Some are saying TVAS will show 22 games, but some other reports are saying RDS and TSN lost all rights.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
RDS have 82 Canadiens games Rights. that doesnt ****ing change. Its a deal they have directly with the team!!!

Tva sports will now, also have the rights to show Habs games, because they got all the teams rights. But RDS have exclusive coverage for the Habs.

Idk that's not what I understood.I hope I'm wrong though

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
TSN has Jets exclusive rights, signed with that team till 2021. Probably something can be done directly with the Habs too. I just verified and their official -exclusive- tv rights, ended in 2014 also. So that means, if they dont renew it, RDS will loose it.

Last edited:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I'd be pretty pissed off if there were any blackout restrictions on games like some other teams have. It would be a huge step backwards for hockey. I wish the NHL weren't all about the money. Sportsnet/CBC are far behind TSN in terms of production values and non-homerism. If you think TSN is Toronto Sports Network just wait until you have to watch games on Sportsnet.

Really hope RDS is keeping all 82 Habs games. I quite like their commentators even though I don't speak French.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
BZ_xnLgCUAAtOee.png

Well it would mean more hockey without having Center Ice with my cable package.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I'd be pretty pissed off if there were any blackout restrictions on games like some other teams have. It would be a huge step backwards for hockey. I wish the NHL weren't all about the money. Sportsnet/CBC are far behind TSN in terms of production values and non-homerism. If you think TSN is Toronto Sports Network just wait until you have to watch games on Sportsnet.

Really hope RDS is keeping all 82 Habs games. I quite like their commentators even though I don't speak French.

True. Maybe it's the first time since 25 years people are quite happy with Pierre Houde and Marc Denis.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The CBC and Rogers must have offered the NHL way more money than TSN was prepared to do, it seems weird that the now mighty TSN will take a backseat to the weakling Sportsnet. The only loser in all of this will be the fans, we will get less access and less games available to us. I guess major cuts will come at hockey mad TSN and I wouldn't be surprised to see many of the TSN guys jumping ship to Rogers.:laugh:

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
BZ_xnLgCUAAtOee.png

Well it would mean more hockey without having Center Ice with my cable package.

20 teams on a single night covered? Hell yeah!

Bad things : No more 24CH / L'Anti-chambre.
Good things : No more non-english speaking interviewers, no more draft coverage by experts like Gaston Therrien....

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
This is good news guys. Habs will likely be on TVA on Saturday nights. TVASport on weekday games etc. Most games will be on basic cable.. CBC/TVA/SNRegional/SN360/City... then add in SN1, SNNHL, TVASport and others.. awesome news.

sventington

Sep 18, 2013
But that was before Sportsnet had national rights. Right now all they have is regional. Now they own EVERYTHING.

It is good that I do not have a job that involves me interpreting data. Were it the case, I think everything would be on fire by now.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
they black out games that aren't within your area though, so the amount of channels is meaningless.

All the games/rights on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday that Rogers just won, are now considered national.... no blackouts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad