NHL should keep its 2020-21 alignment until a Canadian team wins the Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
what are you even saying? This is what participation prizes result in.

Like the one that Bettman keeps trying to give to Vegas?

The NHL can stubbornly keep the Yotes in AZ and favor the ED for Vegas+ but can’t assist in what’s essentially an international problem with the originators of their brand?

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Like the one that Bettman keeps trying to give to Vegas?

The NHL can stubbornly keep the Yotes in AZ and favor the ED for Vegas+ but can’t assist in what’s essentially an international problem with the originators of their brand?

Sour grapes man.The NHL is American based now. Get Don Cherry to provide the tissues man.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It's a nasty division with too many time zone shifts.

The only thing that can make this a possibility is if there's another pandemic.

lemairefan

Mar 8, 2012
I think the NHL should have a league and a Stanley Cup trophy just for Canadian teams so we don't have to hear people from the north cry about how a Canadian team hasn't won the cup. Newsflash people, the teams in Canada are in the same league as the teams in North America. It's not Canada vs. North America.
BASIC Geography lesson for you Flys21: Canada is PART OF North America. No less than USA or Mexico or other lesser known countries such as Cuba, Costa Rica, and Dominican Republic (to name only a few)

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Wtf. No.

You could definitely make a case for a Canadian division though, but for it should be easier for a Canadian team to reach the final is ridiculous.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
No.

Last year's divisional alignments shouldn't have even happened in the first place.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Before further replies are made, I encourage people to read my occupation and location.

Bettman's reputation in Canada has largely suffered throughout his tenure as commissioner. I feel if he doesn't agree to keeping this temporary alignment, the Canadian teams will find some way to force him out.

AFAIC, Bettman should have never been made commish. The NHL was the one league where Canadian teams were dominant, and I felt it should have stayed that way.

Remember, I was only a toddler the last time a Canadian team won the Cup. No Canadian team ever won in my adolescence, and one has yet to win during my adulthood.

Most information I've heard seems to suggest that NHL owners are quite happy with Bettman as commissioner and have benefitted financially suring his tenure.

So, basically what you are saying is that the NHL should have suffered financially and not tried to grow the sport to bigger markets just so Canadian teams could continue to dominate?

This is one of the strangest, most absurd threads I've ever read on this site.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
No idea why you wanted to bump a week-old thread just so that everyone can dunk on it again. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad