November 17th: 2020-21 Training Camps begin

December 1st: 2020-21 NHL Season begins

November 1st: Free Agency

Last edited:
Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Get all the players out the US immediately should have been included in the phase 3. It's a shit show and will put this all at risk.

It would be a real big puzzle to solve if they'd do that. Of the 24 teams included, 18 of them are from the States. It would be one hell of an undertaking to have them all come to Canada. To find them rinks, as well as hotels to be housed in.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
It would be a real big puzzle to solve if they'd do that. Of the 24 teams included, 18 of them are from the States. It would be one hell of an undertaking to have them all come to Canada. To find them rinks, as well as hotels to be housed in.

Hotels are pretty empty right now. I'm sure Montreal could house many teams on the southshore alone. 3 NHL rinks between Southshore, Montreal and Laval.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hotels are pretty empty right now. I'm sure Montreal could house many teams on the southshore alone. 3 NHL rinks between Southshore, Montreal and Laval.

They're empty, yes.

But it would be an extra cost to house players there and be responsible for testing everyone on hotel staffs. Also, not to forget the ice crews and security. They will need to be paid and tested, as well. As well as the transportation.

Basically, whatever and whoever they will need to pay and test in the hub cities, they would need to add significantly more if the 18 American teams traveled to Canada for their training camps.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

So it's not what Renaud said earlier that they have until Tuesday. It's 3 days after the CBA is ratified.

So what happens I wonder if say Domi (or any others with health issues) decides they're gonna play and while at training camp or when games start, which is after the penalty free opt out deadline passes, and a few players then test positive can they still opt out without penalties if it's deemed too risky for these players to continue?

If a situation did occur like this you'd think they would be able to opt out penalty free if it were deemed too high risk for them to play by medical personnel.

Also has there been any info on what the penalties would be if say a few positive cases did happen after the opt out deadline passed and some players then decided they no longer want to risk playing?

Marshy71

Nov 10, 2015
What happens if a number of players in a team catch it part way through a series? Cos this is something i can see happening!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad