NHL RTP (Phases 3 & 4)

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal

The chances of Belzile and Teasdale being included in the 30-man roster are about zero.

Aside from our ''regular'' 18 we have about 5-6 extra NHL defensemen like Ouellet, Fleury, Alzner, Olofsson, Juulsen, etc and up front we have better players than them like Hudon, Poehling, Weal, Weise, Vejdemo, Evans, etc

Heck I would add Ylonen or Harvey-Pinard before both these guys

Blandisi is more realistic as the 30th player

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The chances of Belzile and Teasdale being included in the 30-man roster are about zero.

Aside from our ''regular'' 18 we have about 5-6 extra NHL defensemen like Ouellet, Fleury, Alzner, Olofsson, Juulsen, etc and up front we have better players than them like Hudon, Poehling, Weal, Weise, Vejdemo, Evans, etc

Heck I would add Ylonen or Harvey-Pinard before both these guys

Blandisi is more realistic as the 30th player

I agree with you. I would think Blandisi (and maybe Lucchini) are more prepared to play than Teasdale (who hasn't played or practiced since last August) and Belzile, who hasn't played or practiced since December 4th.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So I get to stay in a hotel that is super clean, get to play hockey, have access to a pool and a bar, no roommates, get days out on the golf course and other activities, don’t have to cook or clean up after myself AND no wife and kids for up to 5 weeks and if I really need to I can still leave and comeback?

How do I opt in for that?

It does sound like it would be great to be in there. I don't doubt their concerns and more particularly being away from their families. But it sounds like fun.

Watching the MLS teams in Orlando, you see them training, but you also get footage of them in the pool, playing mini-putt. Playing table tennis.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
It does sound like it would be great to be in there. I don't doubt their concerns and more particularly being away from their families. But it sounds like fun.

Watching the MLS teams in Orlando, you see them training, but you also get footage of them in the pool, playing mini-putt. Playing table tennis.
Yup and I’m sure there will be conjugal visits arranged with wives or significant others or just others...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Whether they cancel the season or not, getting a CBA extension done is a good thing, especially in these times. As a fan I don’t want to sit through another lockout.

Exactly. The fact they agreed on the CBA is the biggest win here.

They had extended the previous CBA (that still has 2 years left to it) and signed on for another 4 years. So it should be 6 years of labor peace.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

This should include Romanov. It makes no sense to me to sign and burn a year of their ELC and not be allowed to play.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

According to Arthur Staples and Michael Russo, the players can sign and burn a year off their ELC. But they wouldn't be allowed to play.

So to me, it makes no sense to sign them.

Minnesota can sign Kaprizov and Isles can sign Sorokin. In their case, it will make sense.

Because Kaprizov can be signed to a 2-yesr ELC right now. If they sign him next year, he can only be signed to a 1-year ELC. So no matter what, they will have only one year next year.

Sorokin can only sign a 1-year ELC right now. So even if he signs, they will need to re-sign him next year.

So they can sign them and bring them to the bubble to at least practice if they choose to. It changes nothing contractually for them.

Romanov however, if he signs now for this year, he will burn a year only to practice. And then they will only have him for 2 years of ELC games.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
NOTABLE DATES (Dates subject to change)

July 13: Opening of training camps
July 26: Deadline for when teams have to travel to their hub cities

August 1st: Play-In Series begin
August 10th: Second phase of the draft lottery

Early October: Latest the Stanley Cup will be awarded
Mid-October: 2020 NHL Entry Draft

November 1st: Free Agency
Could you rename this topic (2020 Playoffs - Potential 24 teams tournament Part III: Habs, Phase 3-4, etc)?

CHeers :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->