GDT: NHL Qualifier Game 5: Columbus vs Toronto | 8 PM 8/9

Status
Not open for further replies.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Couldn't watch game 4 or 5, so glad to see that I will be able to see more CBJ hockey when I get home Tuesday.

Well done, boys.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
As a CBJ fan living in SW Ontario, this is a very sweet feeling.

A lot of my Leaf fan friends didn't really take Columbus seriously.... they were already talking about who they would be facing in the first round before this series started.

Karma, baby.

I feel bad for the 'regular' Leaf fans, the ones who don't think the team invented hockey. It has to suck to be a good fan in a fan base with a crap reputation.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I feel bad for the 'regular' Leaf fans, the ones who don't think the team invented hockey. It has to suck to be a good fan in a fan base with a crap reputation.
We got to spend a lot of time with those folks on the playoff mains, actually. Was pretty awesome. I do think, though, that it helped that one of the trolls set the tone early on by proclaiming that Dubinsky was going to bully the Leafs into submission. Gave us all something to laugh together at. ;)

Reactions: Fro

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
...I was one who said before the season that I would deal Zach for Marner.

Not anymore. Zach took a massive step forward this year and Marner did not.

Yeah, I kind of thought Marner for Zach would work out for both clubs before Marner signed. I'm happy to keep the ZW-Jones tandem going now.

But I expect to see that trade pop up on the mains multiple times. Any talk of Jones for Marner is ludicrous and should be immediately locked.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
giphy.gif

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Foudy was our best forward tonight. He was dangerous and all over the puck. Encouraging for him going forward, although I am still skeptical on his offensive ceiling.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Foudy looked great, but held onto the puck to long to often. He will be much more dangerous when he starts shooting or passing quicker.

entirely disagree with this statement. There was one time that I remember the entire game where he made a 'mistake' by holding onto the puck too long/it leading to no opportunity in the offensive zone.

the kid was a threat all night long. there's a reason why the main board couldn't stop typing his name in the main playoff thread.

Reactions: Monk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad