NHL PLAYOFFS 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Anyone else see Brady in he background with all the flames fans chanting goal during the challenge? What a beauty.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Calgary looks like crap... they are passing into 3 and 4 Colorado players instead of holding the puck. Just horrible play by the flames all series. Talk about a choke job.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Calgary looks like crap... they are passing into 3 and 4 Colorado players instead of holding the puck. Just horrible play by the flames all series. Talk about a choke job.
Another team that desperately needed Stone who wouldn't pony up. They have freaking Tkachuk playing with Backlund and Frolik. That's garbage. They are completely reliant on that top line and Tkachuk. They're 4th line looks more dangerous than 2 or 3.

Doesn't help that Giordano has been manhandled by MacKinnon's line as well. I think last game Gio was like -17 in shot attempts. I don't think any team can survive their Norris top D getting dummied like that.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Another team that desperately needed Stone who wouldn't pony up. They have freaking Tkachuk playing with Backlund and Frolik. That's garbage. They are completely reliant on that top line and Tkachuk. They're 4th line looks more dangerous than 2 or 3.

Doesn't help that Giordano has been manhandled by MacKinnon's line as well. I think last game Gio was like -17 in shot attempts. I don't think any team can survive their Norris top D getting dummied like that.

Problem is they are all playing as though they are afraid to make a mistake. Especially after that game 2 OT loss. They just haven't looked the same. I've seen this too many times with Ottawa. They stop carrying the puck deep, they try passes that never normally work. They basically forget KISS.

They've stopped shooting, they've stopped crashing the net. Colorado is playing like a tough team compared to Calgary and I wouldn't say there is much difference between their toughness. As someone who lives in Calgary, this is pretty disappointing... but at the same time it seems fitting that the flames choke.

Giordano is small and a bit over rated. It doesn't surprise me he is being treated like a little bitch by Colorado's first line.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Problem is they are all playing as though they are afraid to make a mistake. Especially after that game 2 OT loss. They just haven't looked the same. I've seen this too many times with Ottawa. They stop carrying the puck deep, they try passes that never normally work. They basically forget KISS.

They've stopped shooting, they've stopped crashing the net. Colorado is playing like a tough team compared to Calgary and I wouldn't say there is much difference between their toughness. As someone who lives in Calgary, this is pretty disappointing... but at the same time it seems fitting that the flames choke.

Giordano is small and a bit over rated. It doesn't surprise me he is being treated like a little ***** by Colorado's first line.
I don't really disagree with anything here. They remind me a ton of old Ottawa teams. They need some.better forward depth though. A couple goals from depth this series would have made all the difference.

Reactions: DylanSensFan

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Avs won, Flames lost (was my 2nd favorite team before)

Jackets won (biggest surprise and potentially worst 1st rounder for Ottawa), but a deep playoff run could mean a Duchene extension though (and another 1st)

Leafs 1 win away from winning their first playoff round in more than 15 years

Jets trailing 3-2

I mean, how could it be worse?

Last edited:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Avs won
Jackets won (biggest surprise and potentially worst 1st rounder for Ottawa)
Leafs 1 win from winning their first playoff round in more than 15 years
Jets trailing 3-2

I mean, how could it be worse?
Take solace in Pittsburgh getting swept? Also Mark Stone being a beast still puts a smile on my face. I'll always love that guy.

Reactions: derriko and DrEasy

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I was in a restaurant/bar last night watching the Jets-Blues. That Blues winning goal was awful to witness. Trouva and one of my favorite players (Schefeile) f***ed it up

Take solace in Pittsburgh getting swept? Also Mark Stone being a beast still puts a smile on my face. I'll always love that guy.

Oh thanks for reminding, Pittsburgh getting swept started things really well, and Lehner success is good because still a fan and have a nice Lehner cards collection to sell (high)

Mark Stone is no surprise and it’s so ridiculous that this guy wasn’t a Sens for life. Like Alfie, you do whatever it takes to keep them around, even if that means overpaying or taking a financial risk

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
Was at the red lot tonight.. i dunno what changed with this flames team but something broke. Gaudreau I think is fine and I believe will figure the playoffs out. He is not in the same tier as mack though. At least aves advancing might be good for the sens...

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
You're a Sens fan?

My father is a Leafs fan, as he moved to Ottawa from the Iron Curtain before there was an Ottawa Senators. He had to choose between the Leafs and the Habs. After I was born, the Sens were created. He took me to Sense games, but he raised me a Leafs fan first, and the Sens were a fun side team we could go watch games for super cheap... that was until oen day.

April 12, 2000. When Darcy Tucker scored, something happened in my heart. My dad cheered but I did not. Instead I felt sorrow. I ran into my room and tore down my poster of Mats Sundin. I ripped the head off my Curtis Joseph action figure (I couldn't harm my Doug Gilmour action figure). I finally realized who I was. When the Sens tied up the series, the happiness I felt was unreal. I got a poster of Marian Hossa, and started taping Senators hockey cards all over my bedroom wall.

Now that I am older and no longer a giant 10-year-old spazz, I can take joy in knowing my that my old dad with not many years left in the tank may finally see his favourite team win.

Also, because I've lived in Vancouver for so long, the Canucks are my Leafs. When they lose, I smile. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad