News: NHL players to KHL in 2018 offseason

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
Late in this past season, Elite Prospects site referenced Trenin to the KHL. Of course, he was still playing for the Admirals (MKE) and when I tweeted and asked the Ads twitter guy, he replied smugly with the obvious (that he was in the lineup that night, etc.0

Now, he's here in Nashville this past week, playing in the futures game, and being one of the "leaders" on the ice (as he and a few others already had their first pro year.)

So, in summation, I'm not so sure he's playing in the KHL this year. My guess is he'd like to compete for a job with the Preds. Your thoughts?

Elimanator

The Future
Oct 6, 2013
Middle of the ocean
Is Slepyshev staying in EDM with the QO or not. Or is the first post in the thread old news (it's from April I know)

EDIT: just saw the post he is going to the KHL

Last edited:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Lokomotiv announced a 1-year deal with David Desharnais
Viktor Antipin sign 3-year deal with Metallurg Magnitogorsk
Anton Slepyshev sign 2-year deal with CSKA
Iiro Pakarinen sign 1-year deal with Metallurg Magnitogorsk
Miro Aaltonen & Marek Hrivík sign with Vityaz
Yohann Auvitu reportedly sign with Sochi
Andrey Pedan reportedly sign with Ak Bars Kazan

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Antipin was a solid #5 but for some reason our coach hated him and played Ahlers instead of him, don't blame him at all for leaving
I don't blame the management either. After that injury you might want to be the good guys, but it's also a business and a sport. I understand them not being overly thrilled over risking to sign a smallish D-man with a history of those injuries. And after drafting Dahlin the D situation obviously changed remarkably too.

oilsands

dirty oil, comin 4 u
Jul 6, 2007
Halland
Amazing how you repeat the NA narrative. :clap:
It's true though. Three different NHL teams, dozens of elite, professional players.

You could see it in Edmonton, players didn't want to pass the puck to him because he'd cough it up, execute a tight turn throwing linemates off or offside, or take a dumb shot. He is unpredictable.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
I think we all anticipated Yakupov to the KHL. No surprise there

I wonder how he does there.

Maybe he is a candidate to come back to the NHL at like 27 after growing and getting a good shot in the KHL.

Although his IQ is what seems to be lacking so he might never get back to what he was. I think a lot of it was his confidence was ripped away from him.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I wonder how he does there.

Maybe he is a candidate to come back to the NHL at like 27 after growing and getting a good shot in the KHL.

Although his IQ is what seems to be lacking so he might never get back to what he was. I think a lot of it was his confidence was ripped away from him.

If it's just confidence, than he can get it back, like Dadonov did. If it's something worse (like lack of IQ), then the KHL won't help him a lot... I mean, he can probably become a KHLer, but nothing better.

Reactions: thrillhous

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Amazing how you repeat the NA narrative. :clap:

He never really adjusted to NHL play or systems. He played well for short spurts when the coaches let him loose, but he always struggled when asked to play a system based game. I loved Yak's enthusiasm and his skill set, it just seemed that he never fit in with an NHL team, both in terms of his personality, and his on ice playing style. I hope he lights up the KHL. Hopefully he gets a chance to regain some confidence. To hell with Dallas Eakins for stripping him of it. He never did recover that swagger he had when he entered the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad