News: NHL players to KHL in 2018 offseason

HasbeenHallzy

May 14, 2015
Sudbury
K
Valiev had a contract with an NHL team when he was traded. Teams can also trade players whose rights they own. Valiev is a RFA. He has no contract for next year but his rights are still owned by the NHL team in Montreal.

Your sarcastic use of exclamation points is amusing seeing how little it seems you understand about how the league works.

And for what it's worth, the person you originally quoted was joking that none of these players are "NHL players" in the sense that none have graduated to full time NHL regulars. It was a joke. Lighten up.

Well, still.... Kulemin had played almost 700 NHL games, he's surely an NHLer

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
@vorky Boikov is a weird one, it's not that I can't see him leave for the KHL. It's more weird that he still has one year on his ELC remaining and that I cannot see him make the top 6 defencive core for Salavat Yulaev. He would more likely be part of their VHL team since he's not ready for the KHL squad. Underrated player though, I was always impressed by his skill level and skating for a 6th round pick.
We will see. I just translated the article, nothing more. Btw, Sharipzyanov is similar to Boykov, playing the KHL despite the NHL contract - a loan.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
But isn't that for development purposes?
You can call it how you want, not important. The point is that at least a few European (Russian) players understand that playing the AHL and major juniors is waste of time and talent.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
CSKA Moscow in talks with one Swedish defenceman and one Russian forward.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Kulyomin will sign with Metallurg Magnitogorsk, 3M USD, announced on July 1

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Russian media report Yakupov fired his agent (Larionov). Do not know what it means for his future.

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
I'm shocked that Antipin and Shosnikov are leaving two good players who didn't really get a chance

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Antipin was a solid #5 but for some reason our coach hated him and played Ahlers instead of him, don't blame him at all for leaving

Reactions: SabresSharks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad