NHL Player - Kasperi Kapanen

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
When Willie hopefully gets re-signed soon, putting Kapanen-Matthews-Nylander together seems like a no brainer. :D

Seriously why trade Nylander when you could put those three together and perhaps create an awesome young, dynamic scoring line??

who is in the 3rd in the line right now?

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
Kappy is NOT CORE, and he will price himself out following the conclusion of his next contract.

Reactions: TMLS

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
^^^
Core!

You win with guys like Kappy. No coincidence he has already big goals to his credit and still so young.. He's two way game is invaluable imo. (Partly biased, but I don't care really).

Reactions: taurine330

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Agreed, his confidence is sky high right now, and you could see the swagger towards the end of the game today.

Comparing Nylander to Kapanen, is like comparing apples to oranges. I think Kapanen is more comparable to Pastrnak. More of goal scorer, speed, more physical. Not saying he's going to be a 30+, 80 point player... but he's comparable in style.
actually kappy looks like a young marleau

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
One other net negative that shouldn't be ignored about Nylander's absence is the fact that he may have inadvertently just made Kapanen (who will be an RFA) more expensive due to the numbers he's putting up.

So even if Willy eventually signs for 6.5-6.7M as we hope and expect, he may have just bumped Kapanen's overall cap hit by a few million, when Kap's numbers should have been suppressed playing on the third or fourth line.

Reactions: TMLS and The Cobra

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Don't believe he will demand that kind of $ even if he has a 60~70 pts season; if he is smart, he will be happy with 5.25 ~5.75 AAV to stay on the 1st line.

We can hope he understands that he will benefit in the long run by benefiting the team in the short.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
What i like about this combo (Yeah i'm an outsider, sorry) is that while Kapanen obviously benefits from Matthews, it really doesn't look like he's being carried. The synergy is real and Kapanen is working his ass off. Good for him. Hard to put him on the 4th line after this stint.
yeah i wouldnt say that to outside fans cause it would seem too far-fetched but your right.
-Slick one touch pass
- grinding with the puck and finding matthews alone in the slot multiple times
- him creating turnovers
he is holding his own for sure.

Reactions: The Cobra

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
What i like about this combo (Yeah i'm an outsider, sorry) is that while Kapanen obviously benefits from Matthews, it really doesn't look like he's being carried. The synergy is real and Kapanen is working his ass off. Good for him. Hard to put him on the 4th line after this stint.
Yup, hes not being carried at all. He's using his speed to his advantage and digging pucks out on the forecheck. He's got skill, not many 20 year olds put up a ppg in the AHL, which seems to get lost on a lot of people.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
like nylander, kapanen is part of the core

not that old so haven't been watching for that many years but in all my years of watching leafs hockey kappy is fastest player ive seen in leafs uniform...and his skills and shot, and passing and stick handling are all good and improving every year

we will have one great center, and one great winger for each of our top 3 lines, and have 3 lines going each night and be even more dangerous

Reactions: CelticDruid

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good

mos def. imagine with nylander back, matthews kappy and nylander are going to look like the North American Youngstars Team.

I've never seen a Leafs team THIS fast and THIS exciting in all my life.

NorthAmerica608549382-700x420.jpg

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
^^^
Core!

You win with guys like Kappy. No coincidence he has already big goals to his credit and still so young.. He's two way game is invaluable imo. (Partly biased, but I don't care really).
Yeah. I view Kappy as a core player in the making. And his big goals for both club and country should not be ignored. Dont think any one ever managed to point towards what makes certain players clutch, if there even is such a thing. But yet we keep seeing the same players over the years scoring big goals. And Kapanen is one of those players and that is worth holding on to. He is a great 2-way player to so he should be kept long term even with out the big goals to.

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
Kessel trade isnt looking like a flop currently. He is rounding out his game and coming together. It must be Matthews special aura. We have to be careful, Kapanen will start asking for 8 million a year now. I'm surprised hyman hasn't asked for 8 million yet playing on Matthews line :sarcasm:

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
I love his game, he's still a bit raw offensively too.

Playing with Matthews just sets you up for success if you play the way Kapanen/Hyman do. Just have to have some offensive instincts

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
The next casualty might actually be Brown...but we can keep Kapanen.

Maybe a $2.5-3M 3 year deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes